Quote by The Casualty
The sound.

Basically that.

They may sound just dandy in their own little way at home practise volumes but you try using that at a gig...it's just not nice.

Quote by timbo2418
im in a punk band

What a stupid comment. Tone is important even in punk. Steve Jones' tone for example is awesome, totally iconic. Bands like The Clash had great sounds too, even caring enough to use pedals and such. You can't jsut ignore the quality of your guitar sound because you play punk.

When I play the punk tracks I like through my setup it sounds awesome as alot of the raucous nature is in your playing rather than a shitty setup.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Last edited by Kurapica at Mar 13, 2007,
i have one. its not that bad for metal. infact i kinda like it. but when you go to the clean channel you can hear some weird crap sometimes. i also don't like how it SUCKS for recording. it has 2 outs. thats just lame. pissing me off right now just to think about last time my band wanted to use my amp to record shit and we couldn't. also if you want to use a pedal with this thing, chances are it will sound like complete utter s***
I sold my JCM 800 and i'm waiting for my new head to arrive in a few weeks. In the time being i'm stuck using my spider 2 30w. It isn't as bad as everyone makes it out to be but it is pretty bad. Very thin sounding distortion and kind of craps out now and again. I can get usable cleans, but thats WITH using my strat. No chance with my SG. Some of the stuff I used to play I can't anymore because I can't get into the "zone" i could with my marshall. It does stunt your playing, and is not good for anything past beginner level.
My Gear:

Guitars:
Fender American HSS Stratocaster

Amps & Effects:
Hand-Wired JCM 800 2204
Hand-Wired V30 2x12 Cab
Keeley TS-9 Tube Screamer
ISP Decimator
EHX Holiest Grail
Modded Dunlop Crybaby
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Quote by LightningRider
I sold my JCM 800 and i'm waiting for my new head to arrive in a few weeks. In the time being i'm stuck using my spider 2 30w. It isn't as bad as everyone makes it out to be but it is pretty bad. Very thin sounding distortion and kind of craps out now and again. I can get usable cleans, but thats WITH using my strat. No chance with my SG. Some of the stuff I used to play I can't anymore because I can't get into the "zone" i could with my marshall. It does stunt your playing, and is not good for anything past beginner level.

Well summed up