Alrighty, so I had a fret-dress done on my guitar about 10 months ago because the frets were wearing down. So, now I notice that they are starting to wear again. I don't have the money to drop because it was really expensive the first time.
What are some alternatives? Is it just bad fret material?
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
I dont know how you could have fret trouble now... Ussually it takes 20 years before you a full refret... Are you using unusual strings? with weird metal? Abd dude, you shoul get yourself a good book, theres lots out there, that tell you how to re dress frets, it acctually really easy to do yourself and doesn require a whole lot. I got sick of having to go to long and mcquade to get my get setup for 85 bucks... so I learnt how to do it myself... and now all my friends give me there guitars to setup lol
Quote by Johnljones7443
Shredding is having control over your instrument and being free of technical obstacles so your music is not limited by your playing ability.

Quote by Aidy Damage
Classical Gas is when you fart and it smells like the inside of a violin. EVERYONE knows that. n00bs...
Actually, it's been hapening to my guitar too.

Sometimes when I bend, I can feel the frets wearing off.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by Devon8822
I dont know how you could have fret trouble now... Ussually it takes 20 years before you a full refret... Are you using unusual strings? with weird metal? Abd dude, you shoul get yourself a good book, theres lots out there, that tell you how to re dress frets, it acctually really easy to do yourself and doesn require a whole lot. I got sick of having to go to long and mcquade to get my get setup for 85 bucks... so I learnt how to do it myself... and now all my friends give me there guitars to setup lol

Im using D'addarios, just normal D'addarios. And the frets are stock that came on it. It is a 1999 Gibson SG special. So the guitar itself isn't even 10 years old,,
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst