I'm looking for a good uncolored solo boost pedals does anyone have any suggestions? By uncolored I mean that the tone stays the same but the signal is just played a little louder to help cut through the mix of the rest of the band when soloing.
Thanks
sounds like youre talking about a booster pedal
mxr makes one

that_pink_queen makes two(?) different versions too

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
seymour duncan pickup booster provides a bit of flat gain

keeley makes two booster pedals too, one is the Katana, which is a pretty flat boost from what I hear, and the other I cannot remember.
BBE Boosta Grande 'or'
MXR M-133 Micro Amp

i know those two are common
MXR one John and Flea of RHCP uses.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
You could get an EQ, and just put the volume up.

Or buy a volume pedal.
President of the Guitarists Born In 1991 Club. PM blues rocker or I to join

Quote by RadioHead22
I love you greendayguitar
In a non- gay, awkward-man-hug way
^Umm, if I'm not mistake a volume pedal doesn't make the guitar louder than it is if the pedal isn't in use. I think it goes all the way up to it's current level of loudness in the toe-down position, and gets quieter from there.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
Quote by Kartman
^Umm, if I'm not mistake a volume pedal doesn't make the guitar louder than it is if the pedal isn't in use. I think it goes all the way up to it's current level of loudness in the toe-down position, and gets quieter from there.

depends, some ofer a bit of a boost as well, but i dont think that would be suitable for what this guy needs it for.

Look into a Keeley Katana Boost, they kick much ass.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Clean boosts eh ??

Keeley Katana Boost
Keeley Time Machine Boost (Clean boost, full range boost, and treble boost in one)
Keeley Java Boost (it's a full range boost though)
EHX Super Hard-On
Xotic RC Booster
Xotic AC Booster (can do OD)
........ or you can just go the regultar TubeScreamer clean boost thingy... adds more volume, a touch of pedal gain to tighten things up, and that infamous mid-hump for lead tones.........

Most of the pedals above are considere boutique...so... yeah... you gotta save up...

The Klon Centaur and Menatone Kar Krash are ODs but they have gained reputation as the worlds best boosts too !! (both of these are above 300USD though)
Tone is all ...... well probably 75%, in your fingers.
The rest depends on your wallet's thickness !!

Keep the faith, baby!!
Ive heard good things about those BBE Boosta Granda or whatever it is... I dont think they are too expensive either