I'm new to guitar and am looking to buy Epiphone Les paul standard. My Question is are they any good. I'm on a budget and the price is right, $450. I've always want a Gibson Les paul and I think this is as close I'll get.
awww if u dun have a guitar, then get one and start on it
but if u do, stick on that till u can get a Gibson man
its my dream too. to have my strat and a GIbson LP.
i really like the plus top Standard LP btw.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Lp standard is a great guitar, I play the gibson lp studio. but, ive played plenty of epi les pauls. and they're great. i wouldn't play anything else than a les paul. go for it dude!
i was going to get a standard, but I changed my mind. the epiphone les paul elitist is supposedly as good as some gibson guitars, and way cheaper. its more expensive than a standard epiphone lp though, it goes for about $1,100. thats what im saving up for.
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Classic
Fender HM Strat
Mesa/Boogie 1987 Mark III
Peavey Classic Chorus 130
Boss GT-8
Robert Keeley TS9DX Flexi-4X2
I know a guy who owns a custom Gibson LP (cost $3500'ish). He played my Epiphone LP standard, and said that except for a slight difference in tone (he's really anal about that. has to be perfect to him) and the actual wood it was made out of, it's just as good of a guitar. Until you get to where you're playing at the level of someone who deserves a Gibson, it'll be better than anything else you're going to consider.
Quote by madbass518
rbmason speaks the truth
Quote by guitarfreak042
i said it was the greatest movie of all time not the greatest comedy of all time......idiot....

Epi Les Paul
Epi Goth G400 Extreme
Crate GLX212
i was going to buy the epiphone lp standard too, then i had enough for it, realized that it didnt take long to get that much. so i went for a custom or elitist. got there and realised it didnt take long to get that much either. i bought a Gibson LP Studio. i played some epiphone standards again when i went back to the store a little while back and ive realized how much better saving up was than just buying the epiphone.
Quote by CodeMonk
Programming is an art form that fights back.

Quote by bob farrell

When Teenagers Crash Their Mothers Cars And Slash A Few Tires, The UG Justice Team Will Be There, And Justice . . . . . . . .Will Be Served!!!!
i have one.
theyre great.
Quote by jamie_4061
tall metally disabled child
looking for similarlly tall metally disabled boy drummer
to play in his new band "penis strokers"