ok, so my school is having its annual DTV (my schools broadcasting team and the teachers of the school) vs. ABC 12 basketball game...and i am opening with the national anthem on my guitar for the second year in a row. i wanted to know if i should just stick to what i did last year (well, me and my friend robin are doing it together this year)...i just did the hendrix version. Or should i go with the hendrix version with some other techniques included in it (again, me and my friend are doing a harmonizing kind of thing). So, i want the thoughts of a few people from here, thank you much. And please, dont be an ass about it.
sounds kick ass, ive always wanted to do something like that. but my school is full of nazis. Id say stick with the same thing you did last year since you have someone harmonizing with you this year. maybe throw in some short guitar duel or something to make it more awesome.
how long till this basketball game?
yea, i wish i could do that too, but my school is full of either emos or black people (i'm not rascist) but we always have these Whitney Huston wannabes sing it year after year.
Quote by whocares09
sounds kick ass, ive always wanted to do something like that. but my school is full of nazis. Id say stick with the same thing you did last year since you have someone harmonizing with you this year. maybe throw in some short guitar duel or something to make it more awesome.
how long till this basketball game?

+1. A guitar duel-ish section would be bad-ass.
El Gearo:

Fender '69 Reissue Mustang
Fender American Standard P-Bass

Fender Blues Junior
keep it simple. Hendrix anthem is nice. But no guitar duels, be sure your trying to honor your nation not pen the other guitar player with your mad skill3tz
since its only a couple days away, just stick with the hendrix version, make a kick ass harmonizing part

you should play it sock man style (just a sock over your peppy, nothing else) trust me.. no one would forget that night... ever
Quote by kaplac
keep it simple. Hendrix anthem is nice. But no guitar duels, be sure your trying to honor your nation not pen the other guitar player with your mad skill3tz

makes sense, but, Hendrix hardly kept it simple himself. i say, if you can pull it off, go ahead and do your own thing in some places. just make sure its recognizeable enough to notice, but not over the top enough for ppl to say, ummm, is this really our national anthem?

......two cents, peanut gallery, natch
Quote by lateraluspiral
play twinkle twinkle little star. thatll blow some socks off.

Quote by Cynoxx
I wish I was this badass !
Quote by 10kf.iskickass
makes sense, but, Hendrix hardly kept it simple himself. i say, if you can pull it off, go ahead and do your own thing in some places. just make sure its recognizeable enough to notice, but not over the top enough for ppl to say, ummm, is this really our national anthem?

......two cents, peanut gallery, natch

I agree you should throw in a few cool little licks or something but nothing over the top. Don't do exactly the same thing as last year or it will be boring.
ok, thank you guys. my school usually posts everything important like this on youtube, so ill put up a link as soon as i possibly can to let you guys take a look at it. hope i dont dissapoint any of you. wish me luck.
You should throw in some of zakk wylde's national anthem in there. You have to change it up some way either your own version or a new one b/c your fans are going to be wanting something new. You gotta give em what they want
Gear:
Ibanez Rg 5ex1
Crate dxj112
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone