Hey guys, got a couple of questions. First off the PA-2's a boost circuit right? kinda like having a solo boost but built into your axe's body instead? Seen the wiring diagram on the website, and it seems simple enough but where on earth does the battery go? would i need to route out some of the body to create space for it? all your replies are greatly appreciated!

Holla
Current Rig:

Ibanez GRG270dx
DOD 40watt amp (don't know the model)
Dunlop Crybaby (moded)

I know it's sad but it'll do for now.

Member of the Nasi Lemak Appreciation Club!
You should be able to fit it into your control cavity, if not then you can make the cavity a little big by routing it or chiseling it.
Quote by Kensai
Racism... against the human race? Sure, go ahead
So i just kinda leave the battery in the hole? yea i guess there's more than enough space but i thought there would be like a more professional way to get around this. a'ight, thk mate!
Current Rig:

Ibanez GRG270dx
Dunlop Crybaby (moded)

You could route an area for a battery cover, but what's the point?
Quote by Kensai
Racism... against the human race? Sure, go ahead
Thanks lots man. Off topic though, I don't use the single coil on the guitar and since I wanna repaint it anyways, is it plausible to just strip the paint, fill up the SC cavity with wood epoxy, seal it and paint it? And switch the 5-way switch to a 3-way one? That works don't it?
Current Rig:

Ibanez GRG270dx
Dunlop Crybaby (moded)

Epoxy is bad. BAD.

I'd recommend just leaving the single coil in place, but have it disconnected. That way you don't have to bother refinishing and filling. It's alot easier.

When you say "switch the 5-way switch to a 3-way one" I assume you mean replacing the 5 way with 3 way switch? If so, that will work fine.

EDIT: I noticed that you will be refinishing the guitar regardless. I still recommend that you just leave the single coil slot there. It's alot less time consuming that filling the slot, and still gives you the option of hooking the pickup back up, or to put a single sized humbucker in there.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
Last edited by Will_Minus at Mar 14, 2007,
Bad as in it'll affect the tone kind of bad? Oh ok, then I won't bother with removing it. A"ight, thanks for your help fellas
Current Rig:

Ibanez GRG270dx
Dunlop Crybaby (moded)