I was watching Metal : A Headbangers Journey, and they it says something like "The year was 1986, and metal was at its peak, everyone loved metal". Now I know the whole Hair/Glam Metal thing was popular in the 80's (even though its not realy metal). I wanna know if actual metal was popular in the 80's.
ONE BADASS SIGNATURE
yes, it was. your maidens and your priests were really popular.NWOBHM was at it's peak. Thrash was doing good too.
Yes metal was at it's peak at the time. That was/is metal whether you like it or not.
Random Metal-X fact:

Metal-X now sponsors: Blood Culprit!

"Ass Fuckingly Loud"

\m/^_^\m/ New Songs Up!!! \m/^_^\m/
"glam metal" drew a lot of girls which is why they say "everyone loved it"
Hell yeah metal was popular especially in 86 like you said, 3 major albums were released. Slayer Reign In Blood, Megadeth Peace Sells...But Who's Buying, and Metallica's Master Of Puppets
OAKLAND A's - 9 TIME CHAMPS!!

DUKE BLUE DEVILS - 4 TIME CHAMPS & 19 TIME ACC CHAMPS!!

OAKLAND RAIDERS - 4 TIME LEAGUE CHAMPS!!

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS - 3 TIME LEAGUE CHAMPS!!

SAN JOSE SHARKS - NONE LOL!!
Hair metal is definatly metal. You saying Stryper isn't metal?!

TOO HELLLLLL WITH THE DEVILLLLLLL
Master of Puppets was released and i think Iron Maiden were big then?
Some Guy?
Glam metal was catchy so a lot of people loved it, trash was rising and getting very popular, shred exploded and everyone started blazing out arpeggios like madmen, etc. Metal was pretty damn popular and evolved a lot in the 80s.
Hell yeah metal was big in the 80s. You heard Anthrax on the freakin' radio, as well as all the hair metal bands. Which, incidentally, ran the gamut from pure pop like Loverboy to actually bordering on metal like earlier Motley Crue.
no
Hmmmm, I never would have thought that thrash was popular among the mainstream (except Metallica)
ONE BADASS SIGNATURE
metal was at its biggest mainstream wise in the second half of the 80's, for sure. but as grundge came, hair metal died, and so did thrash. so yeah just like every other time of music, it exploded than was used and then tossed in the garbage, so all in all, keep it underground, **** the suite-n-ties. unless your one of those morons who wants to be a rich and famous rockstar, then wow you are a total idiot who is just going to be poor in few years anyway.
I love all forms of Rock 'n' Roll, past and NOT present
Let's hope metal never becomes famous again (although now metalcore is labelled as metal and confused with it) 'cause metal's not a genre the whole family can listen to. I prefer quality music away from the ignorant masses.