i was thinking about getting some Gibson Burstbuckers for my Epiphone Les Paul i was gonna get the Burstbucker 1 and 2 for neck and bridge and i wanted to know about whether they're good or not
Very, very good pickups. Lower output than what you have on there, but they'll sound way better.
theyre great for classic stuff (classic rock...)
but a little pricey

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
How much are burst buckers anyway? Aren't they like...200 each pick ups?

Anyway, I've played with burstbuckers and they're way better than the epiphone LP stock pups.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
I'm sure they can nail most Classic Rock tones.

Most Page tones definitely.
Sent from my iPad.
yup. Burstbuckers are some hot stuff.
i recommend to any LP/SG users.
guitar with burstbuckers + a marshall DSL or better = orgasmic tone.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
They're good... but you can get better with that money.......

You could check out Swineshead, BKs, or even the good DiMarzios......
Tone is all ...... well probably 75%, in your fingers.
The rest depends on your wallet's thickness !!

Keep the faith, baby!!
^Yeah..I was thinking the same thing.

Over here, the guy told me the burstbuckers would be about 400 all together to solder and everything in and to buy em'...

So...I just went with the BKP's...might as well, but it all depends on your situation TS.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
would you get that same vintage style tone that u would with a vintage gibson pickup with say, a SD alnico III or '59 or pearly gates (or the other one i forget)?
was looking into those, but not sure if they were hot enough
yeah i thought that they might be like that. i just really admire page's vintage tone. especially with his twin-neck. might not have used burstbuckers, but gibson pickups
Can you not get a good classic vintage tone with 496R/500T's? Dont think they are too expensive.
"Only the dead have seen the end of the war..."
i think the SD 59 sound great. lower output nice tone. i doubt you will get the page tone with the burstbuckers unless they are wired up a certain way. i think they have to have that four conductor wiring or watever. but you will get quite close with the right amp. i agree put a great gibson through a marshall jcm 800 or plexi and instant orgasm.
Quote by ozzie987
Can you not get a good classic vintage tone with 496R/500T's? Dont think they are too expensive.

those are really hot ceramic pups, they arent as obnoxious or muddy as say, SD Invaders, but i think that burstbuckers would be much better. (BTW after you import swinesheads they will be more expensive than burstbuckers, BKPs are WAY more expensive than Burstbuckers)
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
There's a guy on Harmony central who has a buncha epi les pauls and he puts burstbuckers in almost all of em. He has vids on youtube.
Quote by EpiPaul
yeah i thought that they might be like that. i just really admire page's vintage tone. especially with his twin-neck. might not have used burstbuckers, but gibson pickups

You do know that Page used a Telecaster on his recordings right? The LP was used mostly for live shows.
Sent from my iPad.
Quote by EpiPaul

Burstbuckers are fairly new pickups. Page used original 57 PAF pickups in his stuff I'd imagine since all his guitars were original pauls from the 60's.

Pretty much any lower output pickup will give you that vibe. I have SD Alncio II's and I love them.

Don't spend 300 bucks getting burstbuckers. My Alnico II's (same pickup slash uses) cost me 130 off ebay and it took me 30 minutes to install them.
Quote by deg0ey
The best pickups for emo are no pickups at all...

Gear:

1996 Les Paul Classic w/ Alnico II's
Marshall Jubilee 2550
Vox V847 Wah
Assorted pedals
They were the stock pups in my Gibson LP Studio. I tell you what, AMAZING. I feel they sound way better than my PRS #7's in my Singlecut. Burstbucker Pro's, baby!
Mesa Dual Rec/ Mesa 4X12 cab
01 PRS Custom 22
06 PRS Singlecut Ann.
1965 Fender Mustang
Ibanez acoustic
AceFrehley Epiphone LP
Takamine Explorer
tr-2 tu-2 / EHX DMM / MXR Script Phase 90 / SMM w/ HAZR
WH-1 Whammy / 535Q Crybaby
Quote by paintITblack39
You do know that Page used a Telecaster on his recordings right? The LP was used mostly for live shows.

Well he tended to switch guitars in the studio, sometimes being Lp, sometimes being the Tele.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
where are people getting figures like $300 for burstbuckers? they cost around $100-$120 each, and ive never been to a guitar repair shop that charged $100 just to solder in new pickups.

Last.fm
^At that store it cost near 300 with both pups + set up = 400 USD.

Those guys were probably just jipping me though. Went to another store and got my BKP's + set up = around 500 USD which included changing the pots and soldering everything.

Pricey, but worth it.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
yeah, i mean if BKP's are close in price, they'll own burstbuckers. BB's are good for stock pickups, but I wouldn't really buy them as retrofits. At least, not for the price they are here (over £100 ($200) each).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Jinskee
^At that store it cost near 300 with both pups + set up = 400 USD.

Those guys were probably just jipping me though. Went to another store and got my BKP's + set up = around 500 USD which included changing the pots and soldering everything.

Pricey, but worth it.

yeah you where getting ripped off, you shouldnt have to pay more than $270 or so for burstbuckers and installation, and they really arent that hard to sintall yourself. $500 IMO is way too much to pay for pickups

Last.fm
Quote by Roc8995
Very, very good pickups. Lower output than what you have on there, but they'll sound way better.

Really?

I know they aren't really high output, but they aren't hotter than the stock epiphone ones???
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~