Im trying to make my own stuff to play and im trying to go for a fast punk feel but i dont have a good grip on making riffs for it. I need some help from you punk UGers to help me find songs for some insperation.
Johnny Thunders has the coolest riffs
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
depends what kind of feel, are you going for a more happy feel or angry feel or melodic feel?
Sort of a blend of happy and melodic. Maybe some angry. Post what you think even if they are not that similar. Ill listne to them and see which ones have the feel im going for.
Listen to the Dead Boys songs for an idea of how to do it. They vary speed and do it perfectly.
Quote by ss311
Listen to the Dead Boys songs for an idea of how to do it. They vary speed and do it perfectly.

Welcome back online Sam

The dead boys are a good inspiration. Also check out:

Dead kennedys
Ramones
The Clash
**** Sparrer
You can also vary your use of muting. A great little tip is to barely mute your strings like at the start of Sonic Reducer by the Dead Boys for a nice full, chaotic sound waiting to explode, as that song proves to do.
welcom back ss
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Rancid are the best punk band ever.

Tim Armstrong is a songwriting genius, is a complete fashion diva and has an incredible singing voice.

He doesn't sound like Opie from family guy at all.