I don't know if anyone has heard about this but Viacom is filing a 1 billion dollar lawsuit against youtube. Although it isn't the first lawsuit against them, it is a first for the amount of money. I hope that youtube doesn't take down any more videos down because I am sick of trying to find a video then having a message saying that it was removed. Thoughts?

edit: article...http://blogs.pcworld.com/techlog/archives/003870.html
They're just money *****s. Just remember the MPA.
Leader of The Cult of Echoes, for those who believe 23 min. of Pink Floyd Epicness just isn't enough.

Pm Alex the Red if you're interested

I'm a member I Pignose Amps Club. PM Woodenbanman if your interested.
YouTube aren't liable for the videos posted by users. Anyway, it's Google now. The law suit will most likely be dropped. Besides, 1 Billion is a gross amount of compensation for a few copyright violations.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Last edited by Smokey Amp at Mar 14, 2007,
i remember when viacom removed all their TV channels from direcTV because they wouldn't pay viacom enough money. it just so happens that viacom owns every channel i watch (ESPN, comedy central, MTV).

**** tha corporate world, biotch.
I think we should organize a class-action lawsuit againt Viacom and make them put back up all the videos that they've made youtube remove.

...and then they should be made to wear dresses and dance a jig, all the while saying how they're all girly-men. Then, the video will be posted on youtube, and featured on the frontpage.
Thus sayeth the Lord.

<//////>~
I never cared too much for youtube in the first place
Random Metal-X fact:

Metal-X now sponsors: Blood Culprit!

"Ass Fuckingly Loud"

\m/^_^\m/ New Songs Up!!! \m/^_^\m/
Quote by Metal-X
I never cared too much for youtube in the first place

YouTube is revolutionary. It's one of the reasons I spend so much time on the internet.

ummmm... a billion dollars is a lot, even if it is Google. Google's a 400 something billion dollar business (as of last year) That's a pretty good size chunk.
Quote by Guitarjunkie18
ummmm... a billion dollars is a lot, even if it is Google. Google's a 400 something billion dollar business (as of last year) That's a pretty good size chunk.

No it isn't. That's .25% of their total profit. That's one quarter of one percent. That's not going to hurt them.
Thus sayeth the Lord.

<//////>~
Quote by Smokey Amp

YouTube is revolutionary. It's one of the reasons I spend so much time on the internet.

I never found it useful, unless I was looking for a music video.
Random Metal-X fact:

Metal-X now sponsors: Blood Culprit!

"Ass Fuckingly Loud"

\m/^_^\m/ New Songs Up!!! \m/^_^\m/
Quote by Necronomicon
youtube is owned by google now, google just keeps getting bigger, there's no stopping them.

What if google merged with... Wal-Mart! We're talking complete corporate takeover!
Is it a bad thing if one of your testicles is larger then the other two?
Quote by musicianamedave
No it isn't. That's .25% of their total profit. That's one quarter of one percent. That's not going to hurt them.

Very true.

But in the full-spectrum of it all... a billion dollars breaks down into 1,000's of people loosing their jobs. Not to mention possibly more limitations on Google; that is to say, if there being sued for a specific reason. (images, e-mail scams, i don't f*cking know, I'm just saying.)
Quote by Metal-X
I never found it useful, unless I was looking for a music video.

I just love it for watching song covers and director videos like The Angry Video Game Nerd.

Quote by Guitarjunkie18
Very true.

But in the full-spectrum of it all... a billion dollars breaks down into 1,000's of people loosing their jobs. Not to mention possibly more limitations on Google; that is to say, if there being sued for a specific reason. (images, e-mail scams, i don't f*cking know, I'm just saying.)

The reason is copyright infringement laws. Sure a billion dollars isn't much to google but if they lose that lawsuit they will have to remove a large amount of videos.
Quote by Necronomicon
youtube is owned by google now, google just keeps getting bigger, there's no stopping them.

Except Yahoo.

But who gives a shit about a company called yahoo? There is nothing happy about the internet.
Quote by Smokey Amp
I just love it for watching song covers and director videos like The Angry Video Game Nerd.

I saw the christmas one where he was mad at the religious games
Some Guy?
Quote by raisinbran
Except Yahoo.

But who gives a shit about a company called yahoo? There is nothing happy about the internet.

lol....Yahoo and google are together (or at least, used to be, as far as I can remember)

EDIT: Yeah they used to own google, but dumped them...bad mistake
Quote by raisinbran
Except Yahoo.

Google is a bigger franchise than Yahoo, I think. I imagine Google will be releasing their own messenger and maybe their own operating system in the future.

dude, its google they will end up making gold out of it in the end.

Quote by robbo_0013
UniverseZero is some kind of pwnerer of numerals

Quote by spazzymagee417
your avatar entertains me.