Page 1 of 3
Okay. I would like to present you guys with a scenario and get your reactions, because quite honestly, I don't know what to do.

I just ratted on my best friend. I didn't do it to get her in trouble, but because I was very concerned for her health and relative safety. The problem is though, I think I may have just ****ed up her life completely.

My friend, let's call her Audrey, is into pot and alcohol. I have no problem with that. Last week, I was at my locker, we were a bit late so no one was really in the halls, and Aud suddenly plopped down beside me and leaned against her locker. (I'm in middle school, so we have top and bottom lockers. We have bottom lockers.) She started giggling and then just fell over. I ****ing freaked out and asked her if she was okay, she told me she was completely baked. Apparently, as she told me, one of her friends gave her a Zanax and a muscle relaxer. She couldn't even open her locker or figure the damn lock out. I had to open it for her and made sure she made it to her class okay.

The next day, she informed that she had had the biggest, most god awful crash in her life. I told her, "Uhh.. yeah. So don't do it again, dumbass." She promised she wouldn't and we seperated for the day. Later, we met up at lunch, we eat together everyday with her dealer friend, and she was offered another pill by the same kid from the previous day. I told Aud not to do it, she had no idea what it was and the other kid claimed it made her puke a few times, but... surprise! SHE TOOK THE ****ING PILL.

I was concerned about her, so I went to the counselor yesterday and told her what had happened and asked what I could do about it. The counselor said I could bust the dealer, which I wanted to do anyway, or just leave my friend to fend for herself. Well, I ended up, after a long ****ing talk, giving the administrators my friend and the dealer's name and a statement of various deals I saw happen.

Alot has occured since then, but I would like to know what you guys think of this so far, before you know what all of the repercussions were. Did I do the right thing, or completely **** up my friend's life?
Cause I love feelin' dirty
And I love feelin' cheap
And I love it when you hurt me
So drive those staples deep
No.

What the hell, dude? That's terribly lame of you.

Recreational drugs hurt no one, let people make their own decisions.
GEAR:
Fender USA Lefty Telecaster
Custom HSS Lefty Strat
Samick Hollow-body
BOSS DS-1
BOSS SD-1
BOSS CE-4
BOSS DD-6
USA Big Muff PI
Peavey MACE 160w Head
Peavey MACE 410 Cabinet
Yamaha FG-450S-L
Eleca DAG3LN Lefty Acoustic
dude, that situation sucks. But your friends health is at risk, and some of that stuff is something that is bad to get into, and in middle school, that's even worse. It might be good if they can break the habit while you guys are still young, so her future ain't compromised. But that totally sucks dude.
It's just whatever, most of the time.

Gear:

PRS SE Custom
Ibanez RG7321 7-string
Custom Built All-parts Strat
Boss ME-50
Morley Bad Horsie
Boss PH-2
Morley Little Alligator
Boss DD-7
Peavey 6505+
It's good to care, but I think you went about it wrong.

Doing something like that will get your ass beat/killed.
Quote by herby190
Every thread I've seen you in has been a complete success. Yay you!

Quote by theking182
i'm voting for GNiCk89. i just like how he speaks TO me, not AT me.

Quote by \m/Angus\m/
Yea, Sublime is a great band. You have an Underoath icon, so I think your opinion doesn't matter.
^^^Yeah, i def. wouldn't make a habit out of ratting out dealers.
It's just whatever, most of the time.

Gear:

PRS SE Custom
Ibanez RG7321 7-string
Custom Built All-parts Strat
Boss ME-50
Morley Bad Horsie
Boss PH-2
Morley Little Alligator
Boss DD-7
Peavey 6505+
And it's spelled Xanax.

.....thought I should throw that out there.
Quote by herby190

Quote by theking182

Quote by \m/Angus\m/
Yea, Sublime is a great band. You have an Underoath icon, so I think your opinion doesn't matter.
umm, so how did you **** up your friends life...... you forget to mention that
but from what i read, your an idiot. if i were you i would have A, told the dealer your friend is a friggin' tweaker and can't afford to get back into drugs B, throw your friend off a roof and tell her she got hit by a car cuz of the pills she takes. or C just knock the dealer out.
I love all forms of Rock 'n' Roll, past and NOT present
I don't really know...you did it with good intentions, but as ^^ said, let people make their own decisions. Sometimes you just have to draw the line though. I watched a friend I grew up with totally destroy himself with booze, then dope, then harder stuff, and now he does coke and acid and is 17. He's a real winner. I spoke with him about it and stuff, but really, it's up to them. As a friend told me today: "I care about you, but honestly, I'd rather see you get hurt and learn from it than shelter you and have you learn nothing. I'll be here for you if anything happens" Yes that's blunt, but so is life sometimes. You should be able to make good decisions and respect your own body.

This is quite the moral dilemma. I wouldn't really beat yourself up over your choice, but obviosuly i dont' know either of you or all the circumstances.
To see a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour
You did the right thing, Middle school is F*cked up, I knew crack dealers and sh1t, stay away(quoted nirvana song listening too) if you aren't strong enough to say no.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
Quote by bTOMd
id say the right thing, especially since ur in middle school man and shes freakin already doing pills and crap she doesnt know thats a disaster waiting to happen. you probably save her a wasted life

I did pills in middle school.

Now I'm in high school, and an A/B student, with a great lifestyle.

Don't over react like that.
Quote by herby190

Quote by theking182

Quote by \m/Angus\m/
Quote by Inertiaaa
No.

They weren't recreational drugs. I have no problem with pot.

She was taking prescription pills in randomn combinations. We had three girls go to the hospital near our school because they took the same ****ing combination. One of them died.

I was worried she would croak. She almost did the first time.

They're not recreational drugs. They're prescriptions.
And I love feelin' cheap
I probably would have done the same thing. She may not be your friend anymore but she'll live to hate you.
Quote by MillerTime91
dude, that situation sucks. But your friends health is at risk, and some of that stuff is something that is bad to get into, and in middle school, that's even worse. It might be good if they can break the habit while you guys are still young, so her future ain't compromised. But that totally sucks dude.

Dude nothings wrong with a little weed here and there ,but no you didnt **** up your friends life you saved her future.
Quote by Inertiaaa
No.

Not much recreational going on there. I have friends who's lives are royally messed up because of crap like that they started in high school.

Dude, you could have handled it a bit differently, but in retrospect I wish I had done that with some of my friends.
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Homemade Strat (seymour duncan classic stack p/ups)
Vox Tonelab (original desktop model) with full board footswitch
Vox AD50
Quote by Sk8_4_liberty93
Dude nothings wrong with a little weed here and there ,but no you didnt **** up your friends life you saved her future.

Read the frickin' post. Pills are NOT a little weed. I agree, a little weed isn't serious at all, but pills man?
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Vox AD50
Dude, narcing is bad. Really bad, you could get your ass killed for that, and the administration at your school was so obviously manipulating you for the information too.

But, that being said, you just tried to help out a friend, so I guess it can't be held against you that bad. But at the same time you have to keep in mind that it's not the dealer that's the problem. If she wants the drugs she's going to get them, and I think it'd be better for her to get the drugs from a dealer you know than one she just searches for randomly looking for a fix. You're cutting off the wrong thing, you need to fix her, not temporarily make it more difficult for her.

Talk to her, talk to her parents, work on the problem itself, not just surrounding factors.
When you were born, you cried, and the world rejoiced. Live your life in such a manner that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Kabir
You should've goten serious with her instead of, "Stop, dumbass".

No need to bring others into it. Pray you don't get shot.
Quote by herby190

Quote by theking182

Quote by \m/Angus\m/
Life is about learning from your own mistakes; sometimes intervention isn't the best option.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
For those of you who are saying that I should let her make her own decisions. I did, but she was addicted. She wouldn't stop taking them. Her life is already ****ed up enough, I didn't want her to have a pill addiction on top of her cutting problems, alcoholism, ****ed up grades, recent dump from the crush of the year, and other shit I won't get into.

It's not like it was her first time doing it, just a little experimenting.
And I love feelin' cheap
Quote by Inertiaaa
No.

yeh thats true pills , are bad though.
Quote by nerk13
For those of you who are saying that I should let her make her own decisions. I did, but she was addicted. She wouldn't stop taking them. Her life is already ****ed up enough, I didn't want her to have a pill addiction on top of her cutting problems, alcoholism, ****ed up grades, recent dump from the crush of the year, and other shit I won't get into.

It's not like it was her first time doing it, just a little experimenting.

Sounds like a candidate for group to me.
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Vox AD50
Quote by holybassbatman!
I probably would have done the same thing. She may not be your friend anymore but she'll live to hate you.

She's not actually mad at me, in so many words. She called me yesterday and told me what had happened and told me not to worry about her. She didn't exactly thank me, I don't expect that, but she did say that she still loved me and understood why I did it.
And I love feelin' cheap
Woah, doing drugs in middle school (you guys like 12?)

kids these days *shakes head*
Some Guy?
I don't know what I would have done.
I don't care about recreational drugs, I don't think they hurt anybody (well, most recreational drugs don't), but I do not want someone baked off their ass in a public place.
If your friend was giggling and limp and scary like that on the floor, I'd get them some help, it's different when you do it in public.

Added: I just read most of the entire thread; perscription drugs can really **** you up if misused, I definitely would have gotten her some help.
You probably did do her a favor.

It's personal and a bit complicated but friends worried about me a long, long time ago, and they told the counselor on me and shit I was saying and doing, and I ****ing hated it at the time, but it did wind up helping me in the long run.
Quote by Hovertruck
You guys are forgetting the most important part of sounding like Alexi.
Yao Yao
Quote by some_guy

Yeah, my little sister's in 6th grade...this stuff scares the hell out of me.
When you were born, you cried, and the world rejoiced. Live your life in such a manner that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Kabir
i commend you, though you could have gone through it a little differently i might say so myself but all these jerk offs who say you ****ed up or something are nobodys. Those who have the power to do something never do, which is why most of them suck nuts, are gay, and live life smoking pot end on end getting no where fast my friend. but then again, a lil' pot here and there will make anyday seem like saturday. (yes i know a contradiction)
My Gear:
epiphone les paul cusom, Limited edition. evo dimarzio pick ups
Parker P-38
epiphone hummingbird
line 6 flextone
crate vtx 120

head full of ideas.
Quote by some_guy

Yeah, dude I live in the middle of F*cking nowwhere USA and the drugs and gangs are still bad. I live in a small redneck town, but I'd say atleast 1 of 10 of the kids in my highschool come with weapons, and 1 in 5 stoned, or carrying drugs and alcohol. If you want crack, you dont have to search for long. Most of my friends who do drugs have started Cigs, drinking or pot when they were 8, and have since moved onto worse things.
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123

All I know is, Adderall helped me pass soooo many exams.
Quote by herby190

Quote by theking182

Quote by \m/Angus\m/
Quote by AngilasGuy
I don't know what I would have done.
I don't care about recreational drugs, I don't think they hurt anybody (well, most recreational drugs don't), but I do not want someone baked off their ass in a public place.
If your friend was giggling and limp and scary like that on the floor, I'd get them some help, it's different when you do it in public.

Added: I just read most of the entire thread; perscription drugs can really **** you up if misused, I definitely would have gotten her some help.
You probably did do her a favor.

It's personal and a bit complicated but friends worried about me a long, long time ago, and they told the counselor on me and shit I was saying and doing, and I ****ing hated it at the time, but it did wind up helping me in the long run.

Seriously? That's kinda what I was hoping to hear. She has nine days of suspension and her mom's getting her some help.

I just don't know, though. I mean, they had her write down a list of people to talk to, after they had completed a locker search on the dealer and found a ****ing shit load of pills, and when they did talk to them, they found out there was a lot more people taking those pills and some others. They found a few different bottles of pills that could have made lethal combos.

I don't know if it worth it, though. Alot of my friends are getting questioned and bothered about the whole thing that don't need to be worrying about it.
And I love feelin' cheap
Telling someone about your friend was definitely a good thing, I don't know if the school administration was the best option.

Telling someone about the dealer was definitely a bad thing. You don't need to get mixed up in THAT bullshit, too.
Praise be unto You,
Flying Spaghetti Monster
Creator of all

Stripper factories
And beer volcanoes await
In the afterlife
RAmen
Quote by GNiCk89
You should've goten serious with her instead of, "Stop, dumbass".

No need to bring others into it. Pray you don't get shot.

Yeah, I did. That didn't work, man. Her dealer has been friends with her alot longer than I have and their whole group of friends were into it. She heard but it just wasn't clicking, it seemed too "cool" to give up.

I won't get shot. People have been threatening to kick my ass, but I've dealt with that so far.
And I love feelin' cheap
Quote by nerk13
Yeah, I did. That didn't work, man. Her dealer has been friends with her alot longer than I have and their whole group of friends were into it. She heard but it just wasn't clicking, it seemed too "cool" to give up.

I won't get shot. People have been threatening to kick my ass, but I've dealt with that so far.

Other than Intervention, I guess the only advice I can give it to keep a blade, or some kind of blunt object with you.
Quote by herby190

Quote by theking182

Quote by \m/Angus\m/
I don't know if what you did was the "right" option, but it wasn't the wrong option.

I would say in a situation like that, your obligation as a friend is to sit your friend down and talk to her about her problem. Once you say it, you have done your duty as a friend. After that, if she continued to do the drugs you sit her down again and say "I can't be friends with you as long as you are willingly putting yourself in danger, blah blah blah...." You cut yourself off from her, and maybe she will realize what she had once it's gone and decide for herself that she sould stop the drug use.
Quote by DorkusMalorkus
I don't know if what you did was the "right" option, but it wasn't the wrong option.

I would say in a situation like that, your obligation as a friend is to sit your friend down and talk to her about her problem. Once you say it, you have done your duty as a friend. After that, if she continued to do the drugs you sit her down again and say "I can't be friends with you as long as you are willingly putting yourself in danger, blah blah blah...." You cut yourself off from her, and maybe she will realize what she had once it's gone and decide for herself that she sould stop the drug use.

I considered that, (That's what my other friends said when I asked them before I went to the counselor.) but it just didn't feel right. I mean what if she had done it again and taken too much or something and had gotten in some serious harm or died?

It would be my fault. My ****ing fault.

Maybe, I'm a complete wuss or too emotional, I don't know, but I wouldn't be able to stand that kind of ****ing guilt.
And I love feelin' cheap
Quote by GNiCk89
Other than Intervention, I guess the only advice I can give it to keep a blade, or some kind of blunt object with you.

Carrying a blade will only get you stabbed or dig the sh*thole deeper. From the LK and GD in my area, they just dont run around stabbing people, unless you are a GD or LK, you're pretty safe if you don't carry a blade. Ha everybody makes fun of this one kid in our school because he almost got busted once when he stabbed somebody and lost the knife inside him.
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123

you should have just kicked the shit out of the dealer. Yeah id say if you got her kicked out of a public school there is a good chance you ****ed her life up, the dealer too, but i cant say i feel too bad about that.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by nerk13
I considered that, (That's what my other friends said when I asked them before I went to the counselor.) but it just didn't feel right. I mean what if she had done it again and taken too much or something and had gotten in some serious harm or died?

It would be my fault. My ****ing fault.

Maybe, I'm a complete wuss or too emotional, I don't know, but I wouldn't be able to stand that kind of ****ing guilt.

It wouldn't be your fault at that point. It would be her fault. If you said that, you would have been freed of any responsibility.
Quote by CORT noob
Carrying a blade will only get you stabbed or dig the sh*thole deeper. From the LK and GD in my area, they just dont run around stabbing people, unless you are a GD or LK, you're pretty safe if you don't carry a blade. Ha everybody makes fun of this one kid in our school because he almost got busted once when he stabbed somebody and lost the knife inside him.

I never said go around stabbing people. I'm saying if a group of people say they are gonna kick your ass, you'll need an equalizer.
Quote by herby190

Quote by theking182

Quote by \m/Angus\m/
Quote by garden of grey
Bad move IMO. I would call the cops on my friends if they were taking heroin or something because they could die at any moment.

However, you should let people be dumbshits if there is no lethal chance involved. Recreational drugs are a personal choice from my point of view.

EDIT: To think of it, prescription pills do have their risk, but they aren't THAT deadly. I would have gone to www.erowid.org before making a total decision in real life.

Actually, i would say Xanax is more dangerous than heroin, its actually pretty damn hard to OD on heroin by itself.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Page 1 of 3