I was reading another thread on crappy memory or something and some one said that when you learn songs its muscle memory?

is this true? like, when you learn a song off a Guitar Pro program is it your brain that remembers what frets to play? or is it your muscles?
We're Composing our funeral songs, note by note

Let the carcass of the martyr burn
Dude, I think its brain memory because you're mind remembers what to play and it sends the messages to your fingers.
you have to do something several hundred times before it becomes muscle memory
"its better to burn out than to fade away"
Quote by Sinforsale
I was reading another thread on crappy memory or something and some one said that when you learn songs its muscle memory?

is this true? like, when you learn a song off a Guitar Pro program is it your brain that remembers what frets to play? or is it your muscles?

It was my thread , and its not Guitar Pro that gives you muscle memory...its when you play something over and over to the point that you dont have to command your fingers to hit each note....It just happens without any thought, really. Your muscles are what remember teh notes, not your brain. If you had to think about every note, motion, and duration of the note, your brain would not think fast enough to sound smooth, so thats where muscle memory comes in

Quote by breakerfall34
you have to do something several hundred times before it becomes muscle memory

The number drastically reduces, the easier the song is, and the more technically advanced you are.
My fingers usually know what to hit.

Which is a pain when I forget cause I have to use my ear to figure it all out again.
Random Metal-X fact:

Metal-X now sponsors: Blood Culprit!

"Ass Fuckingly Loud"

\m/^_^\m/ New Songs Up!!! \m/^_^\m/
Quote by Sk8_4_liberty93
Dude, I think its brain memory because you're mind remembers what to play and it sends the messages to your fingers.

Its not your brain if its muscle memory, because I did the harmonic minor scale so freakin much that I can be talking to my mom and reading online, and my fingers would automatically play the scale.

It feels like this. I just "summon" the name Harmonic Minor, and then I just watch as my fingers remember the notes for me. Its kinda hard to describe, but its an amazing thing
Quote by insideac
It was my thread , and its not Guitar Pro that gives you muscle memory...its when you play something over and over to the point that you dont have to command your fingers to hit each note....It just happens without any thought, really. Your muscles are what remember teh notes, not your brain. If you had to think about every note, motion, and duration of the note, your brain would not think fast enough to sound smooth, so thats where muscle memory comes in

In other words, it's how the pros became pros.
Quote by Overlord
It's not hard to be nice, but it's nice to be hard
Ahhhh kay i get it, Thanks guys.
We're Composing our funeral songs, note by note

Let the carcass of the martyr burn