I want something like really cheap. $100 just to thrash about and travel with. Im not looking to gig w/ it. Just something i can take to school and play around one. I was looking at Rogue and musiciansfriend and fullerton on music123, ive never heard of fullerton but the rogue has decent reviews. Ebay and craigslist are options as well. Suggestions?
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Dont take it to school to show off, or I will go animal house on that acoustic.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
I used to have a Rouge. The electrics didn't work, and it sounded like a plywood/Elmer's glue combo guitar. haha, but it wasn't bad for my sole intention of beating the crap out of it and playing it outside at night around the fire.

If you find a Rogue on e-bay, they'll probably pay you to take it away from them.
alvarez RD-8 i got mine for 150 new but it didnt have any pickups in it, but the one that does was like 189 or soemthing so im sure u can find one for pretty cheap
Quote by dbrufus1234
alvarez RD-8 i got mine for 150 new but it didnt have any pickups in it, but the one that does was like 189 or soemthing so im sure u can find one for pretty cheap

Yes, ive heard good things.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
First off.
I would never buy a guitar under $150 US even to travel with and take places.
Secondly, if you insist on getting a peice of shit guitar, then dont get it with a pickup, its gunna be shitty and probably not work well, or not at all.
Plus, its just money spent towards a peice of crap electronic thingy with a microphone when that money would be far better of being spent on the guitar.

Electronics are good if you perform, but apart from that they are useless and cost more.
If i was you I would be buying the cheapest guitar from the guitars udner $300 sticky and using that to beat up, at least it would play decently and sound decent until you broke it completely
Get a Crafter electro acoustic, 2nd hand on ebay - Ace
Cort M800 - £320
Cort MR780FX - £220
^ johnos is right...

if you must have electronics, you'll get screwed by cheap guitars. You'd be better off getting a $200 guitar and buying a $50 dean markley pickup that you can slip over the sound hole.

don't buy a rogue, you'll be very, very sorry. there's a reason why they're dirt cheap..
With instruments especially, a majority of the time you get what you pay for. If you want a guitar that might even arrive unplayble, gamble with your $100. But I suggest you follow the advice everyone else has given you

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.