is this improper english? "i'm loving it" is so how? and how should it be corrected
My Axes:
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 Telecaster
Fender 62 Stratocaster
Fender American Standard Telecaster
It's correct, it's just a very contemporary phrase that sounds retarded. I mean 'Loving' is a valid verb.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
edit: yea sure, its proper
Last edited by Mik3_182 at Mar 14, 2007,
i knew i was gonna get flamed for this... but how is it wrong in old standards
My Axes:
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 Telecaster
Fender 62 Stratocaster
Fender American Standard Telecaster
Quote by Mik3_182
people don't even realize that half the things people say these days is(are?) improper

Way to validate your opinion.

It's 'are'.

Quote by Smokey Amp
Way to validate your opinion.

It's 'are'.

haha i know i realized what i just said doesn't really make any sense, which is why i never post in threads that involve my opinion thanks for the correction
How is "I'm loving it" not proper?

Unless you mean " lovin' " as opposed to " loving ".
No, it's fine english.
It's short for 'I am loving it', which is fine.

For example...
"How are you finding your new job?"
"I am loving it"
The only way I would say it's improper is because "it" does not have an antecedant. The only way you can use it without an antecedent is if you're talking about the weather. As in, "it's raining".
Quote by FanksGuv
The only way I would say it's improper is because "it" does not have an antecedant. The only way you can use it without an antecedent is if you're talking about the weather. As in, "it's raining".

There is no antecedent in the thread starter's sentence. The 'it' is just contextualised in relation to the subject matter.

They Need It For The N/wiggers
[quote="'-[NiL"]-']Here are some great ones.

1. cellomaster=racist

2. cellomaster=homophobic

3. cellomaster=cunt.

'Nuff said, prick.
Quote by 'Raven'
is it a chihuahua? hide it in your pants and pretend its a boner!!!
Well no, "i'm lovin it" is incorrect English.

It should be "I'm lovin' it", in that case. The "I'm" should be capitalised and there should be an apostrophe at the end of "lovin'", to show that the "g" has been dropped.

I didn't have a signature until now.
Quote by Scourge
Well no, "i'm lovin it" is incorrect English.

It should be "I'm lovin' it", in that case. The "I'm" should be capitalised and there should be an apostrophe at the end of "lovin'", to show that the "g" has been dropped.

Yes, but he didn't spell it incorrectly as 'Lovin', he spelt it correctly as 'Loving'. McDonald's add the abbreviating apostrophe on the adverts, so what are you referring to? Also, capitalising the 'I' in 'I'm' wasn't really important in relation to his question.

i cant think of why it wouldnt be grammatically incorrect, It just doesnt make sense without context.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Smokey Amp
Yes, but he didn't spell it incorrectly as 'Lovin', he spelt it correctly as 'Loving'. McDonald's add the abbreviating apostrophe on the adverts, so what are you referring to? Also, capitalising the 'I' in 'I'm' wasn't really important in relation to his question.
I was referring to the title of this thread, "i'm lovin it".

And it may not be in relation to his question at all, but the 'I' in 'I'm' should always be capitalised
I didn't have a signature until now.