Page 1 of 3
In response to the indian thread (sort of).
been going on too long, doesnt affect THEM/YOU personally (THEIR/YOUR ancestors)
and if slavery in america didnt exist, most would be living in some thirdworld country right now.
Last edited by captainjackass at Mar 14, 2007,
Dude, some people are still affected by slavery. This thread could spark some mean arguments

Quote by schecter_guy
african americans don't get reperations.

Theyve been recieving alot of awards and apologies from the government lately, and the law enforcers have also opened up EXTREMELY old murder/lynch cases.
You're a total idiot. If slavery didn't exist, those countries wouldn't be "third world"

But yes, reparations are foolish.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
if african americans get reperations from the US, then jews should get them from egypt.
I think we needed the slave period in our history, its what makes us what we are today. Egypt wouldnt have gotten as far, if they hadnt used slaves, as well as many other countries.
Quote by insideac
I think we needed the slave period in our history, its what makes us what we are today. Egypt wouldnt have gotten as far, if they hadnt used slaves, as well as many other countries.

Agreed.
Quote by insideac

Well we didn't need them but it definitely helped out country.
Quote by Vornik
If the majority of Europe didn't completely rape Africa of it's people and resources, those countries wouldn't be "third world"

Fixed.
Thus sayeth the Lord.

<//////>~
Quote by captainjackass
In response to the indian thread (sort of).
been going on too long, didnt affect THEM/YOU (THEIR/YOUR ancestors)
and if slavery in america didnt exist, most would be living in some thirdworld country right now.

don't be such and imbecile, third world countries also had slavery... and hey, did you see the 11th season premier of southpark? if not, do it...

Quote by robbo_0013
UniverseZero is some kind of pwnerer of numerals

Quote by spazzymagee417
your avatar entertains me.
Quote by Leonheart
Well we didn't need them but it definitely helped out country.

Well no, it wasnt a requirement, per se, since we would have probably still have accomplished what we have now, but it would have taken much longer I think, since there was less manpower.
Quote by Vornik
You're a total idiot. If slavery didn't exist, those countries wouldn't be "third world"

But yes, reparations are foolish.

If slavery didnt exist, they would still be third world. they are third world because European countries (mainly the UK) owned them and pretty much raped them of their valuable resources. now that most of europe is out of Africa, they still dont have the technology to turn refine their minerals.
I don't see why we should. America didn't start slavery.
Random Metal-X fact:

Metal-X now sponsors: Blood Culprit!

"Ass Fuckingly Loud"

\m/^_^\m/ New Songs Up!!! \m/^_^\m/
I can't believe you guys are justifying slavery because it helped economically. ****ing sick.
Quote by BeefWellington

Interesting question...
Quote by captainjackass
If slavery didnt exist, they would still be third world. they are third world because European countries (mainly the UK) owned them and pretty much raped them of their valuable resources. now that most of europe is out of Africa, they still dont have the technology to turn refine their minerals.

IE slavery. You are true to your namesake.
Quote by BeefWellington

Interesting question...
African-American? They're not all from Africa and America. They're not "coloured people" or "African American", they're black. White people are white, black people are black. We really need to get out of the habit of politically correcting ethnic background labels; that's just a step backwards for equality.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Quote by Vornik
I can't believe you guys are justifying slavery because it helped economically. ****ing sick.

...it worked for Hitler.
Thus sayeth the Lord.

<//////>~
Quote by Vornik

im not justifying it, im just saying that the African americans here today arent really affected by it. if slavery a went on in America just a few years ago, then i would understand reperations. but now it doesnt make sense.
Quote by Vornik

Actually hes right.

Quote by robbo_0013
UniverseZero is some kind of pwnerer of numerals

Quote by spazzymagee417
your avatar entertains me.
Quote by Vornik

Its not that we are justifying it. We are just saying (or at least I am), that since there is nothing we can do to go back in time and prevent it, we might as well just sit back and enjoy what it got us. Im sure the Egyptians feel bad about what they did as well, but they arent giving awards to great great great descendants of an obscure slave, just for being there. Slavery happens all over the world, and its still around today, you just dont hear about it in the comfort of your protected home.
Quote by Smokey Amp
African-American? They're not all from Africa and America. They're not "coloured people" or "African American", they're black. White people are white, black people are black. We really need to get out of the habit of politically correcting ethnic background labels; that's just a step backwards for equality.

they should be from africa and america if they are getting reperations, since our slaves did come from africa.

but i mainly didnt want to get flamed anymore then i already am.
Quote by captainjackass
they should be from africa and america if they are getting reperations, since our slaves did come from africa.

but i mainly didnt want to get flamed anymore then i already am.

I was just talking about the term 'Africa-American' in general, the thread title just urged me to bitch about it.

You're right, though, the slaves were from Africa.

What Hitler did, was good for the world in a way as well, because at least it happened when technology was still not as advanced and dangerous as it is today (not saying it wasnt dangerous..but you know). Its a good thnig it happened when it did, because it pointed out some obvious flaws that were overlooked, and now we know how to prevent such a thing from ever happening again (hopefully). If the Hitler era was actually taking place today, in the same manner, I think it would have been even worse, what with all the stealth jets and hi tech weapons we have. Some things can be bad, but you gotta be thankful that its over, and that its opened our eyes and ears for the better. Some things just have to happen in order for improvement to take place.
they should only get 'reparations' if they were actually involved in it.
Quote by Charlatan_001
Uh-oh. People might mistake you for a homosexual if you buy a purple pedal.

Quote by Shredlet
You own an Rg2570E and you live in Australia I to you sir!
Quote by rustic_metal
they should only get 'reparations' if they were actually involved in it.

Even though most (Read: ALL) of the people from that time are now dead
Quote by insideac
Even though most (Read: ALL) of the people from that time are now dead

Edit: Oh man...I totally just mixed up the "African-Americans should stop getting reparations" thread with the "Native-Americans should stop getting reparations" thread.

My bad.
Thus sayeth the Lord.

<//////>~
Quote by Vornik

no actually its not slavery, its imperialism.

i blame snooty art schools for WWII.

My mind is going. I can feel it.
I am of Polish ancestory. Should I get money from Germany because my ancestors were made slaves and died at the hands of Germany?
No. I didn't personally suffer or directly affected
If you someone did not personally suffer. If someones father/mother were slaves, then I would consider that person to be directly affected.
Otherwise, they should not get anything. Its just another form of welfare.
Quote by CodeMonk
I am of Polish ancestory. Should I get money from Germany because my ancestors were made slaves and died at the hands of Germany?
No. I didn't personally suffer or directly affected
If you someone did not personally suffer. If someones father/mother were slaves, then I would consider that person to be directly affected.
Otherwise, they should not get anything. Its just another form of welfare.

QFT. The clearest summary
Quote by AdayTripper
This man knows his history.

apparently so do you lol

Quote by insideac
What Hitler did, was good for the world in a way as well, because at least it happened when technology was still not as advanced and dangerous as it is today (not saying it wasnt dangerous..but you know). Its a good thnig it happened when it did, because it pointed out some obvious flaws that were overlooked, and now we know how to prevent such a thing from ever happening again (hopefully). If the Hitler era was actually taking place today, in the same manner, I think it would have been even worse, what with all the stealth jets and hi tech weapons we have. Some things can be bad, but you gotta be thankful that its over, and that its opened our eyes and ears for the better. Some things just have to happen in order for improvement to take place.

Unfortunately, war has been the inspiration for ALOT of new technology that makes our lives easier.
Quote by CodeMonk
Unfortunately, war has been the inspiration for ALOT of new technology that makes our lives easier.

Which is what im saying.. Though it might not have necessarily been a good thing that happened, it has still helped us in the long run, sad to say
Quote by insideac
Which is what im saying.. Though it might not have necessarily been a good thing that happened, it has still helped us in the long run, sad to say

It didn't really help Germany, though; their economy flopped and everyone hated them.

Quote by CodeMonk

two good posts

and if you've read 1984, war is used for unity and employment. keeps people busy, fewer rebellions. (except if you wanna go back to Russia in WWI)

Quote by Smokey Amp
It didn't really help Germany, though; their economy flopped and everyone hated them.

No but it helped everyone around them, because now we are aware that things like this could happen, so it gives us a way to plan ahead, learn from our mistakes, etc. WWII gave us huge boosts in technology, because everyone was scrambling to be more superior than each other
Quote by insideac
No but it helped everyone around them, because now we are aware that things like this could happen, so it gives us a way to plan ahead, learn from our mistakes, etc. WWII gave us huge boosts in technology, because everyone was scrambling to be more superior than each other

huge price to pay for a little technology...

I do think this is actually a ridiculous post. First of all, no other nation in the history of the world has ever given any of there slaves reparations. I think that most African American should not be given money because of something there great great great grandfather was forced into. It is a crazy idea, but true African Americans were forced into slavery, so were the Jews, so were Many Asians, so were Mexicans, most types of people around the world had been enslaved at least once in the history, so the fact that only Rich white Americans are giving African Americans money because of something there great great great grandfather did to there family members. And another point, Africa would still be a third world continent just because, Europe, Russia and India had pillaged there continent a long time ago, taking there food, supplies, land, or yeah and them themselves. so yeah slavery happened, we need to stop with this, all the rappers talking about how the sound of a whip makes there blood run cold, Damion Marley, ll cool J, They need to stop because the amount of money African Americans are giving them because they can "Relate" to that is crazy. and yes slavery was need to start this country, and no one can disagree with that, we would be no where, probably still a british colony if we dident have the money to invest in arms to fight the English. So stop debating this, go play guitar, and your really not that cool for bringing this up.
Page 1 of 3