hello. tommorow im getting a new guitar. it is a 1980 Gibson Sonex 180 Custom. This guitar sounds better than a Les Paul and I'm getting it for dirt cheap, $525 to be exact. I love the bridge pickup. it can do almost anything, but im not too fond of the neck pickup. I was looking more for a p-90 sound, but i saw in another thread that the p-90s that are humbucker sized dont sound like a true p-90. Any recomendations?
the Slash Pickups from Seymour duncan.
clean clean tone, that could be dark or bright.
its nice.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
im looking for a p-90 sound, slash is deffenitely not what im looking for. read the first post next time, big guy.
Well.. the Seymour Duncan Phat Cat's do have a single coil/ P90 Vibe, but are brighter than most P90s (larger size..)

Also.. I would have to agree with the 'Slash pups' aka Alnico II Pro - very very clear under any gain levels.

Besides 'P90' what else do you want in a pickup? What do you play?
my style is very very alternative. my bloody valentine, pixies, smashing pumpkins, green river, neil young, husker du, cream, fugazi, modest mouse, rem, and sonic youth all in one bag.
I would oddly enough suggest a Seymour Duncan 59' or Seth Lover (squeals with highgain.. like a real P90!) for the neck position - 59 especially nails cream tones, and I play ALOT of Neil Young and use the neck pickup. It also has a crystal clear clean.