I recently bought a jcm 900 50 watt version (dual reverb)

I have been worried only a little about how much power i will be able to achieve with it
im not talking as much about volume because im pretty sure that will be fine but i just want to know if theres any way to get my amp to be an extra 50 watts with some kind of add on? and if not, is there something i can buy (maybe a poweramp but i dunno wat those things even do) that will give my amp a more powerful balls to the wall type sound???
um............... What kinda sound are you looking for, if by ballsy you mean ac/dc, they cranked the amp volume and the mids to produce overdrive. But you know, there is so many metal heads throughout the past few weeks with the same question, and I have to reply "Didn't you try the amp before you bought it?"
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
50 wats is fine, unless your bassist uses like a 1000 watt bass stack, or you need a crapload of clean head room.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Ummm, no. A 50-watt amp is a 50-watt amp but as the Kid said, that should be plenty loud. It sounds to me like what you want is an overdrive pedal.
PRS Dave Navarro signature/Burny RLC-70 - Sonuus Wahoo wah/filter - Vox ToneLabLE - Boss DD-5 - Zoom MS-50G - Modded Ampeg VT-22 100-watt tube head or Peavey VK100 100-watt tube head (6L6GC's in both) - Soldano 4X12 cab w/Eminence Legends.
Turn it up full, stand in front of it and play.

Then see if you think it needs to be louder.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
wow i hate it when people just go "um. no........." but alright

yes i did try it out before i got it but i just havent been able to really crank the volume and i was just wondering if i could actually get more power (yes like ac/dc)
Quote by R_H_C_P
Turn it up full, stand in front of it and play.

Then see if you think it needs to be louder.

um...........wow. i specifically say that i know my amp is loud enough and you still go and say that. well watever.
well, you cant get more power without doing very heavy (and expensive) modifications, and your amp is already powerful enough so theres really no point.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
more power is going to make it louder. why do dumbasses who know nothing about amps get nice amps they cant even work but I've been saving for the last year and still can't afford mine?
Quote by avalanche930
more power is going to make it louder. why do dumbasses who know nothing about amps get nice amps they cant even work but I've been saving for the last year and still can't afford mine?

Well you don't need to be a jerk about it.

Anyhoos, an extra 50 watts would be pretty much the opposite of what you want. It'll increase the headroom, making so that you'll need to crank it louder to get the AC/DC ballsy distortion.
um...........wow. i specifically say that i know my amp is loud enough and you still go and say that. well watever.

yes, and you specifically contradicted yourself in the both thread title and the original post. If you want an extra 50 watts that means you want the amp to be louder. If the amp's loud enough then it's loud enough, end of. Provided you can use the EQ you'll be fine.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
yes, and you specifically contradicted yourself in the both thread title and the original post. If you want an extra 50 watts that means you want the amp to be louder. If the amp's loud enough then it's loud enough, end of. Provided you can use the EQ you'll be fine.

Dude, i thought with tube amps, the wattage doesn't so much as affect the volume as much as it affects the headroom so like, it wouldn't be so much louder than it already is but you would need to really turn it up to get that saturated distortion sound?
Current Rig:

Ibanez GRG270dx
DOD 40watt amp (don't know the model)
Dunlop Crybaby (moded)

I know it's sad but it'll do for now.

Member of the Nasi Lemak Appreciation Club!
You probably should have learned a little bit more about amps before you bought such a nice one.
Dude, i thought with tube amps, the wattage doesn't so much as affect the volume as much as it affects the headroom so like, it wouldn't be so much louder than it already is but you would need to really turn it up to get that saturated distortion sound?

More power=more volume, same as always. If you have two identical tube amps, save for one being 50 and the other 100 watts, the 100 watter would be about 15 % louder. If the 50 watter starts to saturate at, for arguments sake, 60% volume then so will the 100 watter, it's just 60% of something louder.

TBH I'm not sure what the threadstarter is on about, he says he's concerned about power, not volume then proceeds to ask if it's possible to bump it up to 100 watts which would basically achieve an increase in....volume!
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Quote by steven seagull
More power=more volume, same as always. If you have two identical tube amps, save for one being 50 and the other 100 watts, the 100 watter would be about 15 % louder. If the 50 watter starts to saturate at, for arguments sake, 60% volume then so will the 100 watter, it's just 60% of something louder.

TBH I'm not sure what the threadstarter is on about, he says he's concerned about power, not volume then proceeds to ask if it's possible to bump it up to 100 watts which would basically achieve an increase in....volume!

Agreed, "more power- like AC/DC"? Maybe he's talking about distortion? Who knows?
PRS Dave Navarro signature/Burny RLC-70 - Sonuus Wahoo wah/filter - Vox ToneLabLE - Boss DD-5 - Zoom MS-50G - Modded Ampeg VT-22 100-watt tube head or Peavey VK100 100-watt tube head (6L6GC's in both) - Soldano 4X12 cab w/Eminence Legends.
ACDC is Marshall amps cranked up loud to add power tube overdrive. Maybe the threadstarter needs an attenuator such as a THD Hotplate or a Weber Mass to get that sound at lower volumes?
your best bet is to do a little bit of reading so your not as much of a dumbass. Yyou obviously don't kow jack. there are 12 year olds on this site who at least know that if your doubling the output, your going to get louder. i'm having the hardest time comprehending how you have such a nice marshall amp, but you dont know shit about amps in general. im going to assume its because your dad is a rich **** and you kinda get whatever you want. Anyways, you could pretend your dad wasnt a rich **** and that you actualy had to research something before you spent that much money on it. the internet is an amazing resource to learn the science behind guitar amplifiers, especilay this site, which has more information than you could shake a stick at. Learn about why things sound like they do. I think looking at things such as "overdrive" and "tube saturation" would be good places to start.
*tries to shake stick*

*fails*

he's right y'know
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Yes, I am right, and yes, I am being a dick about it. I never go off on people like that, but this is the dumbest most frustrating thing I think I have seen on UG, and there are a lot of dumb frustrating things on UG.
come on, leave the kid alone, he asked for answer to his question, not for abuse, yeah he doesnt know anything about amps, but thats so obvious lets not go on and on about it, we all start somewhere, and admit it, you would have loved an amp like his even if you were just starting!
Diezel, Motherfucker
a jcm without enough balls? Dude! :P Just try f'kn around with the EQ, or at least turn down the reverb.... and don't play with your tone-knobs on your guitar fully opened...
-------------------------------------------------
- Fender Strat (1988, Japan)
- Epiphone Les Paul (2008, Korea,)
- Epiphone Sheraton (1988, Korea)
- Morgan WG20GEN (2003, Norway)
and some stuff non-used stuff for sale/trade in the Netherlands
Quote by avalanche930
Yes, I am right, and yes, I am being a dick about it. I never go off on people like that, but this is the dumbest most frustrating thing I think I have seen on UG, and there are a lot of dumb frustrating things on UG.

And that is one of the truer things I've seen on UG.