well i just got a new graphics card , a radeon 1650 512MB and it looks great , but whenever i play a game for maybe... 20 minutes , the whole computer just cuts out , its like someone turned the power off , just black.

and i dont think its my power supply (its 400watt) but it might be???

Any other ideas??

Cheers, FeLiX
UG's Official Stuffed Toy! Because I am so cuddly wuddly

I LOVE KENSAI
400watt is a decent power supply so your right, its prob not that. The graphics card might be using alot of system memory. How much memory do you have? Also make sure you have enough air flowing around the pc from the fan.
Quote by Gbell3587
400watt is a decent power supply so your right, its prob not that. The graphics card might be using alot of system memory. How much memory do you have? Also make sure you have enough air flowing around the pc from the fan.

I think that may be it... the fans arnt anywhere near the card.
UG's Official Stuffed Toy! Because I am so cuddly wuddly

I LOVE KENSAI
Quote by RaNdoM-FeLiX
well i just got a new graphics card , a radeon 1650 512MB and it looks great , but whenever i play a game for maybe... 20 minutes , the whole computer just cuts out , its like someone turned the power off , just black.

and i dont think its my power supply (its 400watt) but it might be???

Any other ideas??

Cheers, FeLiX

I have an X1650 Pro 512mb and on the box it recommends a 450W PSU minimum, so yours might not be enough. Check there is enough ventilation in the case as well.
This might sound noobish but maybe your screen saver is set to go off. disable the screen saver and also check to see in your power options if it is set to hibernate or shut off at a specific time. but the screen saver is my bet
My Gear
Fender Strat ('97American Lonestar HSS)
Ibanez RGTHRG1
B-52 AT100
Marshall1960A Cab
Marshall 1960B Cab