I think that Son OF Dork (Ex-Busted) are more punk than Busted was and by no means they are not a boyband.Boybands =Boyzone, A1 , Westlife , Blue and Backstreet Boys.Son of dork have nothing to do with those rubbish bands.They play their instruments, they write their songs and they all share the love for punk and rock music.So what do you think ? And they are like Blink 182 get over it.I love Blink but i don't see a big difference beetwen those two.And Blink 182 punk rock ?Better search what punk is.
Everyone who loves punk-pop is welcome
Too easy. I'll let one of the more experienced pop-punk forum gang take care o' this one...
Quote by BlackLuster
DisgruntledDuck, I wish there were more people like you in the world.

Quote by Jaimz
You Sir, have my utmost respect

I have Jaimz' utmost respect and BlackLuster wishes that there were more people like me in the world!
I think the fundamental difference would be the lyrics. Son of Dork/Busted write embarrasing lyrics about "messing my pants when we flew over france" and ticket out of loserville, they might get away with it if they were actually yanks but they use ridiculous americanisms when they come from britain and its just a little pathetic. Don't get me wrong though, son of dork weren't bad live when i saw them support bowling for soup, and melody wise and riffs and stuff they are pretty close to bands like New Found and Blink, but the lyrics sound like they were written by 4 year old american kids from the 80's...that would be the difference for me, then again im 18 now so maybe im just getting bitter about new music
i dunno, today's 'punk' doesn't much resemble the old british and american punk of days gone by.

I'd take Stiff Little Fingers, The Misfits, The Ramones, Black Flag etc over blink 182 or bowling for soup any day.
They're pop-punk, extremley melodic and catchy, but yeah I agree about the lyrics, they're terrible, but, some of Blink's older lyrics were also terrible. I think in a few years, when they (Son Of Dork) are all a bit older they'll start writing better lyrics.

I think the fact that they weren't put together like Busted, also gets them a lot more credit.
Quote by urik

Homosexual sex for $200?
Be honest.
I'd do it. I think that I could stand one night with a man for the financial security of my whole life and the life of my children
And no I'm not gay. I'm 100% straight.

Quote by mesa5150
spoken like a true jew
their latest record was "ticket outta loserville". 'nuff said really.

their fans are either young scene girls who think the guitarist is like "so fit". or they're genuine pre teens who think they're cool cuz they play guitars. son of dork have little to no musical substance + have little to no credibility.

i have more respect for fightstar. they've suffered a lot of crap from many people but are probably going stronger now than they have been before.
Quote by Jaret Reddick
wake me up when september ends makes me cry evry time!

emos forever
:-(
Quote by fedeforever
I think that Son OF Dork (Ex-Busted) are more punk than Busted was and by no means they are not a boyband.Boybands =Boyzone, A1 , Westlife , Blue and Backstreet Boys.Son of dork have nothing to do with those rubbish bands.They play their instruments, they write their songs and they all share the love for punk and rock music.So what do you think ? And they are like Blink 182 get over it.I love Blink but i don't see a big difference beetwen those two.And Blink 182 punk rock ?Better search what punk is.

I'd say Son Of Dork are pretty much a pop-rock/boy/crap band.

Some boybands write their own songs and can play instruments you know, Gary Barlow for example is a very rich man, and I'd say more talented than people give him credit for.
there is no fear in this heart.

Quote by ETHANEVIL
How am I being or trying to be fabulous/glamorous?

Son of Dork are pop with guitars in it. Have you heard the guys voice? He sounds more like Justin Timberlake than BJ Armstrong
'Cus Billie Joe Armstrong is the most punk rock singer ever....

Fightstar are much better, I agree!
Quote by urik

Homosexual sex for $200?
Be honest.
I'd do it. I think that I could stand one night with a man for the financial security of my whole life and the life of my children
And no I'm not gay. I'm 100% straight.

Quote by mesa5150
spoken like a true jew
Quote by frodoisdead
i have more respect for fightstar. they've suffered a lot of crap from many people but are probably going stronger now than they have been before.

Although I'm not much of a fightstar fan, I do agree. He just had the problem of coming out of such a famous pop group that he was going to get a load of attention that was going to put people right off the band. If they managed to avoid that publicity from the start they'd probably be a lot better off.

Quote by the_astronaut
Some boybands write their own songs and can play instruments you know, Gary Barlow for example is a very rich man, and I'd say more talented than people give him credit for.

Take That's last song was surprisingly good. It came on tv one day, and not realising it was them I didn't immediately turn over and was quite surprised. It was no 'Relight my fire' though

Anyway, as for Son of Dork, they just come across as another one of these awful bands that come from an awful tv show. S Club 7 were cheesey, but catchy and slightly decent in their time, but now they've gone on to ruin the concept of a band (can't remember the name of the latest, but they're absolutely terrible). Son of Dork just come across as a non-tv associated band that sound like that red haired (red nose day red) three piece mimers that were around a year or two ago.
It, to me at least, doesn't seem like they're writing music like they do other than for children's tv slots. I have little respect for them either, they just don't come across as though they're worth it, at least at the time Blink 182 were being slightly original and were taking the piss out of themselves in a way, whereas Son of Dork are just doing it for the fame and money.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Quote by freedoms_stain
i dunno, today's 'punk' doesn't much resemble the old british and american punk of days gone by.

I'd take Stiff Little Fingers, The Misfits, The Ramones, Black Flag etc over blink 182 or bowling for soup any day.

Blink 182 and Bowling For Soup aren't modern punk bands, they're modern pop rock bands. The Red Invasion, The Briefs and Mischeif Brew are modern punk bands.
Minister of n00b harassing of the Punk and Ska fourm.
Quote by capsfan17, ss311, newyorkdolls138, somepunkkid, johnnynemo, axeslash, BrianApocalypse, mike2, dookie dude, lavazza and pinheadslts75
Thank God for CowsWithGuns

Quote by MattTheArsonist
Cowswithguns is my forum hero.

Quote by UraniYum
Cowswithguns is some kind of god on earth.

Love is never having to say your safeword.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
Blink 182 and Bowling For Soup aren't modern punk bands, they're modern pop rock bands. The Red Invasion, The Briefs and Mischeif Brew are modern punk bands.

For. The. Win.
Quote by Zinnie
god placed the fossils in earth to confuse the humans into thinking that earth is older than it actually is, therefore, making men try and think outside the box....

just kidding, there is no god

www.youtube.com/user/andrew12398
Thats just not a fair comparison. blink-182 were around for over a decade, wrote greqat songs and some palin funny ones (everyone: "I wanna **** a dog in the ass!") son of dork have one record, which is plainly more pop than punk by far, i mean could you see someone even like BJ Armstrong or Dexter Holland singing about "Ticket outta Loserville", nevermind Johnny Rotten or Glen Danzing? Fightstar are a more creditable act. I'd guess you're maybe 4, considering your post. It's your opinion though.......