Hello everyone! I was wondering if anyone else had this guitar and could tell me the pros and cons of it. Is it a decent guitar? If so, how good is it?

Thanks in advance.
I have the EG530c and I like it. However mine is due for a neck readjustment, but I think they are very good guitars.
are you thinking of buying this guitar or do you already have it? i'm just asking because that is a discontinued model. if you're looking to buy, i would reccomend checking out the newer EG531SSC instead. it has takamine's new pickup/eq system and also features a solid top AND back.
One of my friends is getting rid of it to get a new one and was going to sell it to me. It seems good. The sound is definitely not bad, but was asking some of the more experienced people here for more information.
i have a used EF341SCX great guitar only problem is a buzzing when playing high notes, but if im right i think i just need to get the neck or bridge adjusted
- Logan
Quote by sbkeep
One of my friends is getting rid of it to get a new one and was going to sell it to me. It seems good. The sound is definitely not bad, but was asking some of the more experienced people here for more information.

it is definitely a solid guitar. whether or not it's worth it really depends on what kind of shape it is in and how much he's trying to sell it for.... so what kind of shape is it in and how much is he trying to sell it for?
It's in great shape except one of the plastic tabs is broke on the electronic insert where the battery goes. $200 is what he said. Should I counter or is that good for a 7 year old guitar?
that tab that's broken, it doesn't make it impossible to change the battery or affect any other part of the eq does it?

assuming it doesn't... i would go lower than $200 if i were you. the thing is this, the guy selling it has two options: sell it outright to someone like yourself or trade it in at a retailer like guitar center. i can tell you right now with 100% certainty that guitar center isn't going to offer the guy $200 trade-in value (unless maybe if he is putting it towards a guitar in the $2500-$5000 range). the fact of the matter is that mid/low-range guitars in decent/ok shape that are seven years old don't retain value very well.... sucks for your friend, but good for you. saying they don't retain value doesn't mean they don't still play and sound terrific, it just means it's hard to find someone who will shell out a good bit of money for them. offer him what you want, but i probably wouldn't really want to pay more than $165 and i wouldn't pay more than $180. maybe offer him $150 and see what he says. honestly, if you can get the guitar for $150-$165, you're picking up a pretty darn good guitar at a really darn good price!
My friend has this guitar, Guitar Center offered him $150 for trade-in. Just as a reference point.

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.
I checked on the tab. It doesn't make it impossible, just not as easy, so I offered him $150 and now I have a new guitar. It's way better than my crappy starter Epiphone.