Whatup people, back again. I wanna ask, is it possible to remove a pickup permanently and fill up the hole. I'm planning on repainting my guitar and since I don't use the single coil, i'm thinking of removing it, and after sanding the body down, filling in the cavity with wood epoxy, sealing it up and painting over it. That'll work won't it? Thanks in advance
Current Rig:

Ibanez GRG270dx
DOD 40watt amp (don't know the model)
Dunlop Crybaby (moded)

I know it's sad but it'll do for now.

Member of the Nasi Lemak Appreciation Club!
It'll work, but I'd suggest filling the hole with a block of the same type of wood that your guitar body is made from and glue it it with epoxy. You want to use as little epoxy as possible.
Not taking any online orders.
Fill it with a block of wood? OK yea, but where can you get basswood from?
Current Rig:

Ibanez GRG270dx
Dunlop Crybaby (moded)

It won't have to be the same wood if your going to paint your guitar. But make sure it's a perfect fit.
You can also use bondo to fill that hole. Works great, finishes well, pretty easy to use.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
^^Find out if there's a lumber yard around ya

Dude, this is a tiny red dot man! Doubt you can find it on the map( if you do, it's on the tip of Malaysia) but anyways, I haven't heard of or seen any lumber yards around. Would it be alright to use the wood off a bed frame I just dismantled? That would work wouldn't it?

^What's Bondo? Could I just fill the hole with that and not need the wood? Where would I get it from?

Thanks
Current Rig:

Ibanez GRG270dx
Dunlop Crybaby (moded)

A"ight, I checked up on Bondo, but it seems to be only in putty or fibreglass. It's not exactly the same material as wood so I can just fill the hole up with that? Are you serious? Cos if I don't need the wood to fit, that would make everything so much easier!
Current Rig:

Ibanez GRG270dx
Dunlop Crybaby (moded)

Home restorers use the putty to fill space in rotted window frames and moulding so they don't have to try to replace custom or vintage wood work. Just mix it and fill the hole like frosting a cake. It sands down smooth to match the top, takes primer and paint great. Great filler.

You can do more research about how to finish bondo by checking out auto finishing sites.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
Cool, thanks lots. I'll get down to it in June. That's when the break is. Thanks again
Current Rig:

Ibanez GRG270dx
Dunlop Crybaby (moded)

Why not just leave the single coil. You might decide you want it one day. It gives it more options, and it seems like more work than its worth to get rid of it.