Just listening to Jeff Scott Soto's album essential ballads and was wondering if anyone else thinks this guy has one of the best vocals in the music industry? Does anyone own any of his cd's that he sang on like Soul Sirkus with the great Neal Schon or any of his days with guitar legends Yngwie Malmsteen or Axel Rudi Pell? He was also in the band Talisman and sang on the sdtk. to the movie Rockstar.

Tell me what u guys think of Soto!
The most talented man on earth...
I love his voice, especially on those early Malmsteen albums, Rising Force and Marching Out.... I love his singing on "As above and so below.." and "I am a Viking"...
The only album he sings on that I own is Kryst The Conqueror's LP. He's not my favorite singer, but he had a good voice.
Jeff Scott is a fantastic singer, hes almost definately Yngwie's best vocalist. His talent is best demonstrated on Yngwie's cover of 'Gates of Babylon'. Very powerful vocals
I wouldn't say the best, but pretty damn close to it. His work with Yng was second to none
hue
I thought most of the work he did with Malmsteen was kinda average. But I gotta admit that Braveheart was my warm-up song I used before basketball games.
I've only heard his stuff on Rising Force. I didn't like him at first but hes grown on me and now i thinks his singings pretty good
Quote by bearded_monkey
Everytime I go into the guitar shop and ask for a G-String the shopkeeper always makes that TERRIBLE joke about it not being an underwear shop

So next time I go in I'm gonna ask for a thong
Doesnt he sing for Journey now? I saw them last year and I'm pretty sure he was singing for them.
Quote by apocalypse13

Quote by Beckerism
I ain't ghetto foo! I's just keeping it real!

Keep it real man.
Click.
yep, he was recently named their permanent lead singer, however I beleive when Journey were touring with Lep, they only considered Soto a "temporary replacement" for Perry. I can't comment on how he sounded, as when I went to the concert, Perry sang for Journey. I did however hear that Soto did all the vocals for the songs in the Rockstar movie with Marky Mark Whalberg
He was great. Much better than I expected.
Quote by apocalypse13

Quote by Beckerism
I ain't ghetto foo! I's just keeping it real!

Keep it real man.
Click.