hey guys i was wondering would it be too erly to start a band ive been playin guitar for about 5 and a half months now i proggress well i think i can play alot of full blink songs and my frend has been playing drums for about 9 months? would we be too erly we both 13 turnin 14
Ofcourse not. I think it would be quite the benefit to your playing, encouraging eachother to get better and better. At least, it gets me hyped to see someone playing better than me, it gives me the inspiration to practice to become at least equally as good.

Its all about having fun, just do what you like.
No man! It's never too early! Helps loads with rhythm too.
Current Rig:

Ibanez GRG270dx
DOD 40watt amp (don't know the model)
Dunlop Crybaby (moded)

I know it's sad but it'll do for now.

Member of the Nasi Lemak Appreciation Club!
Nah,it's never too early to start a band.The earlier you start,the better
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
Haha, I don't think so, I was forced into a band at about 3 months of playing, haha. But you know what, it improved my playing a lot!
Nah mate go for it. Bands are the best ways for u to get better. You'll learn to play off other people and keep in time. Ull learn faster and have alot more fun doing it man. I love playin in my band man im sure u will.
Go for it, my friends started that way. It's good to train you up with a band.
Gonna Leave this town

Gotta leave this town

Gonna make a whole lotta money

Gonna be big yeah...
(Jimi Hendrix - Hear My Train A Comin')

flickr
go for it, it will be good. obviously yas wont be amazing but its better to start early. there's a band from where i love who are only 13/14 and they're really good now but i know once they are like 20 years old they will be amazing and prob end up well known
best to start early more experiance and especially cause you're young it means in like 6/7 years you will still be young and not at the end of your run
Gear:

Gibson lpj
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone Les Paul 1960's Tribute Plus
Schecter s-1
Marshall JCM900 100WATT HEAD
Fender mustang 1
Dunlop Crybaby
Danelectro Distortion
Tanglewood exotic electro acoustic
Westfield Bass
Never!

Always, ALWAYS play with your buddies. that's the ONLY way to improve and have fun at the same time.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
Quote by kingdean619
hey guys i was wondering would it be too erly to start a band ive been playin guitar for about 5 and a half months now i proggress well i think i can play alot of full blink songs and my frend has been playing drums for about 9 months? would we be too erly we both 13 turnin 14

man its never to early to start a band, and if you and your band mates start playing at the same time ull progress together, and build a better relationship with your band mates, and overall you will get better, ideas will fly past you and your band mates

also when i started playing in 2003 and got my own guitar in 2004 i started playing with one of my buddies who was playing drums for already a year, and me and him are not a band anymore but we still play together from time to time.
ESP EC-1000 see-thru Black Cherry w/ Emg's
Dean Markely Sign. strings 10-46
Line 6 Spider II 75watt combo
Damage Control Solid Metal Tubed Preamp Distortion
Dunlop gels x-heavy picks
Im hoping soon to get a Mesa Roadking
Last edited by Avenged Rocker at Mar 14, 2007,
Startin a band is the best way to develop your skills and to get confidence in yourself
Quote by Eladamri
Go for it guys, everyone starts with Blink covers!

Except for me! 4 out of 5 voices in my head say go for it! The other voice is high . It says you're too old too start a band.
I would probably say it's too early to start a band until you can spell early properly. Then start thinking about it.

Haha, but jokes aside, it's never too early to start a band. However, you should have a good view of what a "band" is when you start that early. Don't have it in your head that you'll be playing gigs in 2-3 months, or probably even 8-12 for that matter. Just have fun, jam, try playing a bunch of songs together that you both like. It'll help your timing so much, and just generally prepare yourself for playing music live or more seriously. If you can, find a singer, or sing yourself as well. Singers can make a huge difference, and it helps if you find one early (though you'll also have to worry about a PA system etc.). And yeah, a bassist is always good too, but honestly, just jam, have fun, get better, and if you can find some more people to join in, do it.
Main Gear:
Cort G-Series 254
Takamine EG345C 12-String
Fender Squier P-Bass

Peavey Classic 50
Laney HCM65B

$75 Junk Drums w/ B8 Hats/Crash/Ride
It's never too early, just don't expect to be the next led zeppelin or anything right now,
know what i mean?
CTHC
Quote by Revalk
If you can, find a singer, or sing yourself as well. Singers can make a huge difference

Yeah jamming with a singer is heaps better, everyone knows where the changes come and stuff, just makes things a lot tighter as it does with drummers etc.

And yeah I say go for it too, I originally only learnt to play so I can jam with my mates.

It gets better when you're old enough to drink and stuff too :P
I need a band, playing with someone else helps you get better and stay on beat. I noticed when my guitar techer and me had like a mini guitar jam all of a sudden while he was doin chords and i was hittin random blues notes, it sounded pretty good.
So yea, start the band
I was playing lead guitar for a band a month after I started playing, it's never too early!
OMG!!! They're playing One!!!!!11fade to black11one11

God & Founder of UG Electronics

Electronics God of the Laney Cult

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX