Hello all....

i am currently building a website that will list all local unsigned bands in and around Guildford (South East England) and was wondering how popular it would be with bands and giggers.

So if you would be so kind to answer a few questions and share your thoughts, it would much be appreciated.

Firstly to the bands....
1) Would you post you gig dates and a little bit about your band on a website free of charge?
2) Would you consider paying for this service?
3) Would you pay a fee to be featured on the Home Page?

And to the giggers....
1) Would you use the website to see what is on locally rather than go to the bands website, if they had one?

Please let me hear what you have to say,

Many Thanks,

Dom
1) Definitely.
2) No.
3) No, because if your site is popular enough, you'll get money from advertisements.

1) For sure.

If you make a good job of the website, making it look professional, yet still able to execute all require tasks, then I'm sure it'll be a hit.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Quote by Smokey Amp

If you make a good job of the website, making it look professional,

Probably the most important thing, if it looks like one of those piczo sites then it would be terrible.
Tears in waves, minds on fire
Nights alone by your side
Hey, thanks for your quick response.

There are a few sites out there that do this sort of thing already but quite frankly they are crap and do not appeal to unsigned and local bands. The site themselves are unprofessional and i will put an end to this absurdity!!
There's a site just like that one you are making for local bands in my city, it's pretty good

But it's all free!

Don't charge dude!
Quote by urik

Homosexual sex for $200?
Be honest.
I'd do it. I think that I could stand one night with a man for the financial security of my whole life and the life of my children
And no I'm not gay. I'm 100% straight.

Quote by mesa5150
spoken like a true jew
Can't you do all this without having to build a site or spend money with Myspace.com ?
wHY WOULD ANY one use an unknown newcomer site when they can use:
-Myspace
-Piczo
-pure volume
-Geo cities
-Etc
?????????????????????????????
Quote by RHCP94
Green Day should be so proud that there band is better than a bunch of 16 year olds.................medals anyone?

Quote by вяaи∂ иєw
Gotta love ticked off metal heads.

JAMMER-91

Hare Krishna
Quote by jammer-91
wHY WOULD ANY one use an unknown newcomer site when they can use:
-Myspace
-Piczo
-pure volume
-Geo cities
-Etc
?????????????????????????????

Because it's specific to one area of England.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Quote by garrett5
Can't you do all this without having to build a site or spend money with Myspace.com ?

With Myspace you still have to trawl through bands, area etc. This site will have an easy to use, yet advanced search engine that narrows down searches via Venues, Dates, Bands, Genre etc.