Page 1 of 2
This is a 2006 Washburn X40ProQ. I bought it new on ebay, and B stock, it cost me 450 dollars after shipping. New, they are about 700 USD.

Features – This is a 2006, some minor things have been changed for the 07 line. (42m to 43mm nut)
Alder body
Black hardware
Bolt on maple neck
Rosewood fingerboard
Nut width: 42mm (on mine, 43 on 07)
Gloss finish
3-way switch
Schaller Floyd Rose® Bridge
Seymour Duncan® '59 reissue pickup in neck
Seymour Duncan® Distortion pickup in bridge
Exclusive Grover® 18:1 gear ratio tuners
Buzz Feiten Tuning System™

Quality – I took it out of the box, and inspected for anything wrong with it, i caught the “B” stamped on the headstock, so i start looking for the problem, it turns out it was just a minor indent on the top of the headstock, which is something I would end up doing in the future.

Sound – I am running this guitar through a Peavey JSX half stack. The guitar has nice, bright cleans, a bit too bright for me, but using the neck pup sounds great, if you want more twang, you pull up on the pot, and you got a tapped pickup. This will do light distortion wonderfully, will do AC/DC, VH, and the tones of hair metal no problem. In all out metal, ir wails, pinch harmonics sound killer through the duncan distortion. And shred, lead lines are very clean, and will pickup any imperfection in your playing. (much better than my X50)

Playability – This was the hardest thing to take care of. It was shipped with the strings loose, so i had to spent about 30 minutes getting it in tune, and to wait for strings to stretch, ETC. however, when the strings were in tune, I didnt have to do anything else, the trem was perfectly level with the board, the BFTS had every damn string in tune, i just hooked it up and had my fun. The neck on the guitar is very fast, very smooth, its slightly bigger than an RG neck, but small enough to get around on no problem. Makes my X50 feel really slow. The Schaller trem is doing great, i haven't tuned it once since i got it(2 months ago)

Overall, this is one hell of a guitar, the bad thing about it is, where are you going to find one? This is the second X40 i have ever seen. However, if you do run across one, I highly recommend picking it up and giving it a shot.

why its B stock

Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
Last edited by tubadude at Mar 14, 2007,
cool,u seem to be a fan of washburn.
Looks like a nice guitar but there headstock is so ugly in my opinion..
Thats one mighty fine top! Cool guitar washburndude...
Tunes, gear and other random stuff can be found in my "UG" profile if you click my name
^i dont know why people think its "yuck"

people must be weird.

it looks better than the oar of dean headstocks.

but to each his own

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
i quite like the washburn 'stocks, kind of like a more flamboyant fender... I could do with different writing font, though.

They're nice guitars, I spotted one (and they normally have a few, judging by their adverts) in machinehead music in hitchin, just north of london, for the english guys.

Also, if that's all that's wrong with it for it to be B stock, you got one heck of a deal, Austin. I always find it funny when something like that makes a guitar "B stock", but something else which actually makes the thing unplayable, allows it to pass QC.

Nice GOTM. Nice top too, the one I tried was solid black, I think.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^^ Fender headstocks don't look all that "at home" on pointy superstrats either. Great hardware for the price on the X40, though.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
^ i like fender strat 'stocks on superstrats... at least, on strat-looking superstrats.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc

Also, if that's all that's wrong with it for it to be B stock, you got one heck of a deal, Austin. I always find it funny when something like that makes a guitar "B stock", but something else which actually makes the thing unplayable, allows it to pass QC.

Nice GOTM. Nice top too, the one I tried was solid black, I think.

yea, i saw the B before anything else, and i started looking, that was the only thing, other than it being kinda dirty. or it could be a B stock because the joint of the alder pieces isnt center with the guitar, but i doubt it.

Quote by steven seagull
^^ aye. I think the problem is that some of the guys deciding if it should be B stock don't even play guitar. Or at least, know jack about it. To be fair, it's not entirely their fault... most customers want their new guitar to be shiny. even if it plays worse.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ i like fender strat 'stocks on superstrats... at least, on strat-looking superstrats.

I was thinking of the really pointy ones, RG-shaped et al. Showmasters for example. The tele headstocks on them look okay-ish, but the strat ones feel really tacky to me. Like it throws the guitar off-balance with its size. Same with the Washburn headstock, it's massive. It's the one thing which stopped me from buying an X33 some time ago.

I agree though, they're better than Dean stuff by a mile.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
^
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Congrats on the guitar, I would buy it just to look at

-AS-
Ibanez RG2570e Prestige
Fender® American Series Strat
Marshall AVT-50
BOSS GT8
Crafter T-035
Squire Strat
Admira Malaga Classical Guitar
Gould GS200CB
Digitech Whammy Pedal
Dimebag Crybaby

Proud member of the Scots of UG Society..
seriously nice guitar for the $ Im intereseted in one but if I cant get it for alot less than a Hellraiser FR it would be hard to ignore the Hellraiser FR if its only a few $ more
they go between 650 and 750 for good auctions on ebay, not sure what hellraisers go for.

this one the guy didnt know what he was doing, said it was old and what not, but its brand new.

Quote by steven seagull
Hellraiser fr, kicks the crap outta' it.
gear.

Schecter Loomis sig.
Engl fireball.
the highest.

CANNABIZZLE

Lets blaze, put this in your sig if you want to get high.
^x40's are really rare, but the last one went for 300, it was slightly used, 3 years old

the hellraiser FR's are going for 679.

Quote by steven seagull
Quote by tubadude
^i dont know why people think its "yuck"

people must be weird.

it looks better than the oar of dean headstocks.

but to each his own

Just my opinion like. I bet it sounds great so thats all that matters.
meh hellraiser still wins..
gear.

Schecter Loomis sig.
Engl fireball.
the highest.

CANNABIZZLE

^not with that amp it don't

Quote by steven seagull
Very nice guitar! I would love to try one out but I have never seen any in Glasgow guitar shops sadly.

Also to the Hellraiser guy, why does the Hellraiser own the X40? Got any specific reasons?
Stickied/replaced. Sorry it took so long.
"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure
^no worries. im sure your computer froze in antarctica

Quote by steven seagull
Quote by tubadude
^not with that amp it don't

im a 14 yearold with no income, and the amp was a christmas present.

Quote by Mwoit
Very nice guitar! I would love to try one out but I have never seen any in Glasgow guitar shops sadly.

Also to the Hellraiser guy, why does the Hellraiser own the X40? Got any specific reasons?

ok mabey it doesnt own it but.... personally i prefer EMG, mahagony, OFR ,Grovers
and i generaly prefer the looks of the hellraiser.
gear.

Schecter Loomis sig.
Engl fireball.
the highest.

CANNABIZZLE

Why is this stickied?
And the colors are a bit too...vibrant...for me, but its still a sweet price.
Traynor YCS-50>EHX SMM w/ Hazarai>EHX DMM>EHX Holy Grail>EHX Small Stone>EHX Big Muff PI (NY)>EHX Pulsar>Ibanez TS-9DX>Echo Park>Ibanez Vintage Tubeking>Fulltone OCD>Zvex Fuzz Factory> Roto-Machine>Fulltone Wah>MJM London Fuzz>Fender Strat
^its a GOTM, thats why.

and the color is closer to the second picture.
i have a picture of the color, near dead on, put its a crappy pic. i may add it later

Quote by steven seagull
Never judge a guitar's appearance by a simple picture--It doesn't give it enough justice.

Trust me.

edit:

Btw, that red washburn of yours looks quite similar to my guitar (color wise)
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
guitar of the month. .

Quote by steven seagull
hey Tube good review dude, i was looking at buying those but meh got too much stuff i want nowadays
^indeed you do. but buy one anyways

Quote by steven seagull
Quote by tubadude
^indeed you do. but buy one anyways

just got a new guitar recently still undecided as to whether i should sell it to buy a Caparison Horus, and then after that im looking at buying an ESP Custom
^You have an esp eclipse?

Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
you did a washburn. big surprise? not really.

i still love that guitar. the place where i'm working over the summer sells washburns, and i'm hoping to get some sweet deals on them.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Page 1 of 2