Ok so when i play my guitar normal with no distortion it sounds good but when i use my BOSS mt-2 pedal it sounds like crap like the sound wont die it just sounds like noise and its tuned to the boss factory specs wats the prob
Quote by jAzZMataZz
that's the pedal. it makes me crazy too
o u got it too........is it that the pedal itself sucks
You're running the Boss Metal Zone through your clean channel on your amp, right? If not, it'll sound muffed up.

The pedal itself sucks though.
Quote by Punk_Ninja
The MT-2 just isnt very good I've heard, i havent tried one but I love the Boss DS-1 very good pedal for distortion, versatile as feck.

in that case, look for a DS-2, a lot more versatile than the DS-1.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
get the BOSS DS-1, its got way better distortion
Quote by sargasm
I like to draw pictures of penises everywhere.

It makes me feel like a big man.

Proud owner of a fender deluxe player's strat - honey blonde/maple neck Here it is

Member of the Stratocaster Lovers Group
well but you can't really use the ds-2 for metal. boss overdrives/distortions suck, that's what i had to realize after buying my gt-8
ditch the MT-2...
seriously.

it's possibly one of the worst sounds i've ever heard.
Gibson LP w/SD59+PRS Dragon II
Fender 52RI Hotrod Tele
PRS Tremonti SE w/Bulldog Extremist/Black Label

Cornford MK50H & 2x12
Marshall JMP-1

TC Electronics G-System

MacBook + Ableton Live
the 2nd vid isint great tone IMO looks like he uses alot of pedals on the floor which isint my cup to tea tho...if you want a tone good like the first vid you need a decent amp full stop... He probably isint using any pedals and if he is only a few in the effects loop or something

Plus hes probably double tracking with two mics or something :/

Overdrive from good amp> overdrive from any pedal

What kind of amp you got?
Get a mod kit for the MT-2, you can get rid of that irritating noise. Plus BOSS overdrives/distortions rock, i love them, got myself an ME-50 and I love it...
OMG!!! They're playing One!!!!!11fade to black11one11

God & Founder of UG Electronics

Electronics God of the Laney Cult

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX
Which mod kit? I have the MT-2, and I love it. It has no unwanted noise, and it doesn't clog up the notes with mud at all. I don't know why some people seem to get that. I suspect some other part of their gear mucks around with the sound.
There's few about, it's basically replacing the clipping diodes with LEDs, this seems to sort it out, I don't own one myself, but was looking at getting one with the mod ready done, but i got the ME-50 instead with the modelling of the MT-2, and I get no noise from that.

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX
Quote by Sora 01
the 2nd vid isint great tone IMO looks like he uses alot of pedals on the floor which isint my cup to tea tho...if you want a tone good like the first vid you need a decent amp full stop... He probably isint using any pedals and if he is only a few in the effects loop or something

Plus hes probably double tracking with two mics or something :/

Overdrive from good amp> overdrive from any pedal

What kind of amp you got?

I got a Peavey Blazer 158 amp
Quote by mcw00t
There's few about, it's basically replacing the clipping diodes with LEDs, this seems to sort it out, I don't own one myself, but was looking at getting one with the mod ready done, but i got the ME-50 instead with the modelling of the MT-2, and I get no noise from that.

Are you saying switching out the LEDs can get rid of a little noise? cuz i have the MT-2 (which i do like by the way. but im gunna get an ML-2 soon and get rid of the MT-2) and i have it modded but i thought the stock red LED was cooler than the white LED it came with. did i make a mistake by throwing that out?
wait is the led in it suppose to be white cus i bought mine from a pawn shop and the light is red
Nah, they're internal LEDs, make no difference to the colour of the ones on the outside, sorry to confuse you, just they give a cleaner clip to the signal, therefore reducing noise

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX