Poll: Do you think the punishment was fair?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you think the punishment was fair?
Yes
10 14%
No
59 86%
Voters: 69.
This happened about a month and a half ago, but I wanted to get UG's opinion on it, because IMO, this was completely unfair.

One of my friends got 5 days of ISS (in-school suspension) for almost fighting someone. he didn't throw a single punch, but the other guy did.
the reason he almost got into this fight was because the other guy hit his girlfriend. he didn't do anything, though, because one of his friends held him back and told him not to, and his gf told him not to as well.
the other guy got suspended for 5 days, and he got ISS for 5 days... which really pissed me off, because he really didn't do anything wrong... so, do you think the punishment was fair?
My League of Legends stream
The morning will come
In the press of every kiss
With your head upon my chest

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Until you, decide to wake up
No.

School's are like that, it won't change.
Co-President of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

I guess ISS is better than normal suspension because the normal suspension goes on your record
My Gear:
ESP LTD EC-1000 SW
ESP LTD EC 500 STBC
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Dean Razorback Two Tone
Ibanez 7 string
Randall RH150G3 Head and Cab
no way. if that dude hit your friends girl, then your friend should have beat the shit out of him
Quote by AronRa (Youtube user)
It is better to be proven wrong, than to forever be wrong, and never know it.

Quote by Meths
Bill Hicks rules.

I hate my user name >_<
Quote by Rocker_69
no way. if that dude hit your friends girl, then your friend should have beat the shit out of him

i hope someone beats the shit out of him... she's one of my best friends, and not the only girl that he's hit... he's hit her, and another girl in public, so no telling what he's done that people haven't found out about
The morning will come

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
He deserves every bit of it for being a pussy and not nailing they other guys hands to his feet
Dave Mustain has wrote some of the most amazing solos...
That he can't actually play!
Quote by Cecil Gonzales
He deserves every bit of it for being a pussy and not nailing they other guys hands to his feet

that's not why they punished him, so your view is invalid, asshole
The morning will come

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Quote by SOADrox429
that's not why they punished him, so your view is invalid, asshole

Anyone who lets another man slap his women around and doesn't do anything is a douche captain! For that reason alone he deserves everything he got
Quote by Cecil Gonzales
Anyone who lets another man slap his women around and doesn't do anything is a douche captain! For that reason alone he deserves everything he got

If you read the ****ing story you would know that he was HELD BACK. ****ing tard.

But I swear to god if anyone so much as hurts my gf I will ****ing brake their arms with a bat.
Free your mind
Quote by why1not1try
But I swear to god if anyone so much as hurts my gf I will ****ing brake their arms with a bat.

he probably would have done worse than that, and that's why they stopped him
The morning will come

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Yeah I'm sure like twenty guys surrounded him and formed an human barrier that he had now way of ever getting passed
i agree with cecil, id of beat the crap out of him, and no one would of been able to hold me back, what a pussy
Shit that sucks if i'm honest he should have got a minor punishment like a detention because he was intending to fight, but nothing that severe. In principal though he did try to do the right thing.
to the people who say that he should have done it anyways... his friend is about 3 times his size, he couldn't have done anything no matter how much he wanted to
The morning will come

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Quote by SOADrox429
to the people who say that he should have done it anyways... his friend is about 3 times his size, he couldn't have done anything no matter how much he wanted to

i'm sick of you... i didn't ask you what you thought of him, i asked whether or not you thought the punishment was fair... you have answered my question, so i'm done with you, because i don't give a shit what you think of him, and i'm sure he really doesn't care either, because what you think has no impact on his or my life at all, so i will not humor your attempts to make me get pissed off
The morning will come

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Or could it be because "your friend" is really you, and people calling you a pussy is working you into an uncontrollable rage? The tables have turned you poor bastard.
Quote by Syd_Barret38
Or could it be because "your friend" is really you, and people calling you a pussy is working you into an uncontrollable rage? The tables have turned you poor bastard.

no, it's not me, i could prove it, but i don't really feel the need to validate myself to someone whose actions affect me in no way
The morning will come

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Or do they affect you so deeply it's driving you mad, and your mind is recoiling in horror as reality fades into insanity, and you know the only way to stop is for you to convince us that it was unfair. You didn't count on us throwing you deeper into the clutches of mental illness, and you shall never forget the day our wrath was brought upon you.
Quote by SOADrox429
no, it's not me, i could prove it, but i don't really feel the need to validate myself to someone whose actions affect me in no way

Man don't worry about these bastards calling him a pussy and what not. They are all probably 14 and about 115 pounds.
Free your mind
Quote by why1not1try
Man don't worry about these bastards calling him a pussy and what not. They are all probably 14 and about 115 pounds.

How do you know I'm not everything that you precieve?
if you didnt change the story to make your friend seem like a victim, then yes, i think the punishment was unfair.
Sucks for him, but school doesn't always get the right story, they just hand out punishments and call situations handled.

how did he hit the chick? like punch or slap and where at?
Gear:
Ibanez S520EX EMG 81/85
Ibanez RG350MP
Fender acoustic (Black)

Peavey Vypyr 15
Peavey 6505 212 combo
Quote by why1not1try

LOL I'm an 18.5 stone prop forward
Let's look at it from the school's point of view, shall we?

Unless a teacher was standing there watching everything that happened (which I'm assuming didn't, because the guy probably wouldn't have hit a girl in front of a teacher's face), then they don't know what went on. They have different people's views, but if there's your friend, his girlfriend, and a bunch of your friends vs. another guy, it's obviously going to be incredibly biased towards your friend.

They know the guy hit your friend's girlfriend. He got punished as he should have. They don't know if anything went on between your friend and the guy. They know that if nothing did then he definitely had the intention of doing so. They frown on that kind of behavior, so they punished your friend for the intent to fight and the uncertainty of whether or not them two actually came to blows. For all they know, your friend and the guy started going at it, and then the other kid broke it up and held your friend back.
Quote by Cecil Gonzales
LOL I'm an 18.5 stone prop forward

Oh you're so cool.

I don't think that was a fair punishment, no.

-AS-
Ibanez RG2570e Prestige
Fender® American Series Strat
Marshall AVT-50
BOSS GT8
Crafter T-035
Squire Strat
Admira Malaga Classical Guitar
Gould GS200CB
Digitech Whammy Pedal
Dimebag Crybaby

Proud member of the Scots of UG Society..
Quote by Aly_Sim
Oh you're so cool.

I don't think that was a fair punishment, no.

-AS-

No need to be bitter just because Scots don't know how to play rugby
it wasn't fair but schools don't care who's to blame, they just punish all involved so that they upset both parties and do not take sides. If schools were a democracy do you think there would still be homework?
thats bogus...people who hit girls get whats coming to them. That guys lucky he wasn't torn to pieces for hitting a guys girlfriend...a guy at my school did that to some guys girl, he was knocked unconcious. Schools are retarded, i got an ISS for throwing a ball of paper.
School children washing cars for charity, is there anything more arousing?
if it did happen as you said it did, then yeah that is unfair, he should have snapped that guy's neck for hitting a girl, tell him JB2500 says he is alowed to!