does somebody know which pot value I should use for single coils, because on my guitar it's 500 k(tone + volume) but on the fender website, they say it's supposed to be 250k each, does somebody know which is good?
250k is what most people prefer, and is also what strats and teles were designed to use. You might like 500k though.

Is your guitar a Squier?
I'd stick with 250k for single coils. I'd only use 500k for something like hotrails.
Dave Mustain has wrote some of the most amazing solos...
That he can't actually play!
so two 250k would be the best choice, also there's a B and A on the pot, the originals were B's but does it make any difference?
Quote by mr_hankey
250k is what most people prefer, and is also what strats and teles were designed to use. You might like 500k though.

Is your guitar a Squier?

no, fender tele
whats the difference? just the output?
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
pots just control resistance from the guitar signal. the different numbers can kinda be thouhgt of as sensetivity an range. a 500k pot is going to have a bit more range, but less sensetivity, so its hard to find the sweet spot. the larger range is better for humbuckrs and maybe higher output single coils. b is a linear taper. a is a logarithmic taper or audio taper because it works better with the human ear.
On modern potentiometers, B means it's a linear taper, and A means it's an Audio taper.
You can use either, but I find that Audio taper is the best for this kind of circuit.

As for difference..
A 500K pot will brighten up your sound a little, which is why it's used on humbuckers; to counteract the natural warmness of a humbucker.
A 250K pot will warm up your sound a bit, which is why it's used with the naturally bright single coils.
It's all accordin' to taste, really.
I use 1m on my vintage noiseless and it sounds amazing.
Traynor YCS-50>EHX SMM w/ Hazarai>EHX DMM>EHX Holy Grail>EHX Small Stone>EHX Big Muff PI (NY)>EHX Pulsar>Ibanez TS-9DX>Echo Park>Ibanez Vintage Tubeking>Fulltone OCD>Zvex Fuzz Factory> Roto-Machine>Fulltone Wah>MJM London Fuzz>Fender Strat
ah right cool, thats cleared a few things up lol
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia