Page 1 of 2
I've seen it in Waynes World and its been quoted in Guitar Hero, but why no stairway?
Proud member of the Butsecks Militia.
Bend over, pull em down, and prepare to be boarded. Don't be a victim.
Because it got pwned by the elevator
If you have something clever to say, don't bother, most people won't get it.

ZOMFG TEH SP33[) I-I4><!!1!

No... Herman Li's just really good...

"Yes I do like marmalade in my eggs! Thank you for asking!"

Quote by Chubbes_Hammet
How do you sig people?

Because it annoys guitar shop owners, they hear it too much.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Quote by Oreos_own_all

haha
that was amazing

and i think its just cause its overplayed by beginners who just keep repeating the intro over and over again in guitar stores
Quote by Oreos_own_all

Lol.

But everybody knows it, and everybody plays it constintly, and it gets real anoying.
Quote by Cadj
haha
that was amazing

and i think its just cause its overplayed by beginners who just keep repeating the intro over and over again in guitar stores

I didn't mean for it to be, but I guess it worked out

Quote by Chubbes_Hammet
How do you sig people?

Quote by Oreos_own_all

My League of Legends stream
The morning will come
In the press of every kiss
With your head upon my chest

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Until you, decide to wake up
because if you work in a guitar store you will hear at least 50 crappy versions of the intro to it every day. This has caused many guitar shop workers to go insane and kill very large amounts of people. So its mostly a public safety concern.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
/\ done and done.
Quote by sg255
This fine fellow speaks the truth.

Quote by GD_GC
dude sonic music??? you're my hero!

Quote by tanglewoodguit
Love you

Quote by Jackolas
Same thing with Enter Sandman and Smells Like Teen Spirit. Also Smoke on the Water and Come as You Are. NEVER play these in a music store or you will face certain doom.
Quote by zackk
seriously though, listen to DaliLama.
Quote by Arthur Curry
My spidey sense tells me some mothafuckas are gonna be BANNED.
Quote by Toms' anominous
/\ done and done.

video, please?

EDIT: or audio?
My League of Legends stream
The morning will come
In the press of every kiss
With your head upon my chest

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Until you, decide to wake up
Quote by Smokey Amp
Because it annoys guitar shop owners, they hear it too much.

It's true. I work at a guitar shop and I hear people play it like a million(exaggeration) times a day. I know how to play it just from seeing so many people play it.
-Tox

ಠ_ಠ
WHOT?
I worked at guitar center in austin for about 4 months, the loud distorted noise got on my nerves much more then some newbie quietly playing stairway to heaven, or attempting :S

the place is just too many people trying to play music at once, i would have to pop advil every day before work
the intro to stairway to heaven is actually banned in music shops in some county, as is smoke on the water, no joke, banned, they can throw you out of the shop for playing it. banned!
lol.. you're ****ing retarded. Evidence of this? or are you just talking out of your ass.

other than guitar center, most guitar shops (especially small times ones) are way more interested in you purshacing their product. If they feel as if you're just there to play on the guitar they will ask you to leave, or come around and as if they can help you, ect. They're just trying to get your money, where as guitar center is more focused on selling guitars, but at the same time they realize alot of people come there just to jam. I dont see why, i'd rather play on my shit in isolation then be in that loud ****in store.

There is no reasonable reason why a place would ask you to leave for playing a song, you are a dumbass
because thats the first song everyone plays when they want to sound good.
v CLICK v

Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"
Pretty much every music store I've been to has a "No Stairway" sign somewhere in it. I'm sure most of them are just jokes though.
Quote by Peaceful Rocker
lol.. you're ****ing retarded. Evidence of this? or are you just talking out of your ass.

other than guitar center, most guitar shops (especially small times ones) are way more interested in you purshacing their product. If they feel as if you're just there to play on the guitar they will ask you to leave, or come around and as if they can help you, ect. They're just trying to get your money, where as guitar center is more focused on selling guitars, but at the same time they realize alot of people come there just to jam. I dont see why, i'd rather play on my shit in isolation then be in that loud ****in store.

There is no reasonable reason why a place would ask you to leave for playing a song, you are a dumbass

Now who's talking out there ass? I doubt future rock god made that rule, he's just saying that he knows of a few places where you can get kicked out for playing stairway to heaven or smoke on the water. Believe it or not there are some very sadistic guitar store owners out there. take in my town for instance; there's a music shop here called music world academy. The owner of music world academy won't let you touch the guitars if you have a jacket with a zipper, even if you don't have a jacket with a zipper he won't let you play the guitars without assistance.
-Tox

ಠ_ಠ
WHOT?
Quote by Peaceful Rocker

Watch yourself - the mods might ban you for this.
Member of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

Last.fm
also, look for it to be on guitar hero III because they said about freebird in the loading screens for GH1 and now stairway in GH2...so yeah...thats what i think...lol
He means "Can't quite cut it for XBox Hero III"

Quote by Chubbes_Hammet
How do you sig people?

am i the only one thats played it in a store? one guy thanked me for not butchering it too.
Quote by Dave_Mc
how do those marshall handles compare tonewise to, say, mesa handles?

Owns a Blackheart Little Giant...
Quote by toxicity33
Now who's talking out there ass? I doubt future rock god made that rule, he's just saying that he knows of a few places where you can get kicked out for playing stairway to heaven or smoke on the water. Believe it or not there are some very sadistic guitar store owners out there. take in my town for instance; there's a music shop here called music world academy. The owner of music world academy won't let you touch the guitars if you have a jacket with a zipper, even if you don't have a jacket with a zipper he won't let you play the guitars without assistance.

what im saying, is that for you to get kicked out of the store for playing a song is ridiculous. What you're saying isnt rare at all, it makes sense. They dont want a bunch of people playing guitars that have no interest in purchasing them. If you're in a place where they allow you to play the guitars, they only do that because they wantt o sell more gear. If you look like you have intentions of buying a guitar (which is why you go to the place), and your playing smoke on the water. They WILL NOT ask you to leave.
True enough, but in some places they will ask you to leave, regardless of your intentions, some people are just @$$holes that way.
-Tox

ಠ_ಠ
WHOT?
ok, music shops (besides guitar center, like i've already said.. its the exception) dont want a bunch of people just playing on their shit without having any intentions of buying anything. Ya feel me so far?

Now, go into a guitar shop, anywhere in the world. say, IM GOING TO BUY A GUITAR, LET ME SEE THAT BLUE STRAT. and you play smoke on the water, or stairway to heaven....

the employee will very likely get fired for asking you to leave if you were intending on buying that guitar, you could sue the place in the united states for that shit lmao..

stairway to heaven is just hated by guitar players because they hear lesser skilled guitarists playing the shit and getting recognition from outside listeners. In my opinion
the employee will very likely get fired for asking you to leave if you were intending on buying that guitar, you could sue the place in the united states for that shit lmao..

Don't I know it. LOL! Me and and another chick at the store where i work(Colosimo's Music) have to sit there and cringe if somebody plays that shit. The same law bout suing people applies in Canada. But there are places abroad where there is no such law, where the owner of the store can just tell the potential customer to get the hell off his property for no reason at all.
-Tox

ಠ_ಠ
WHOT?
Well,I was in a store that is actually a whole line of stores in Israel.

I played Stairway but I wasnt kicked out,though the guy asked nicely that i'd stop playing.
Quote by Ferdinandstrat

I played Stairway but I wasnt kicked out,though the guy asked nicely that i'd stop playing.

Yeah, they'll do that.
-Tox

ಠ_ಠ
WHOT?
Quote by toxicity33
Ha my computers teachers name is Russo.

your computer has a teacher?
My Rig:

Guitars:
Schecter C-1 Classic (Deep Sea Green)
Jackson DK2M Snow White Edition
BC Rich Mockingbird Special X

Amps:
Mesa Boogie Express 5:50 212
Roland Microcube

RIP Kevin Robert Swerdfiger
September 15 1991 - May 16 2008
Quote by Ferdinandstrat

'Kley Zemer' I guess?

And thats because their are much less guys hanging around music shops playing stairway to heaven here then in lets say the US or Europe.
For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race toward an early grave.

Ben Hamelech
Page 1 of 2