So I finally got around to restringing my Jackson DK2M Dinky the other day. I must say, restringing a floyd rose equipped guitar (or at least this one) wasn't nearly as horrible as most people seem to make it sound. But I've ran into another problem! Somehow, the action has ended up lower than when I first got the guitar, and I can't seem to adjust the screws at the end to make it play the way I want it to. A few of the strings fret buzz and fail to sustain for too long on the lower frets. How do I adjust the action back to normal? Thanks!
- Gibson Flying V 120 #1 (White)
- Gibson Flying V 120 #2 (Cherry)
- Gibson SG Standard ('61 style)
- Jackson DK2M

- ENGL Fireball 60

- Many pedals, plus other stuff
Did you put on different sized strings than what were on before?? Change tunings?

To adjust the action on a floyd rose guitar you have to adjust the posts at both the top side and the bottom side of the tremelo. They should be the only ones there and they're identical. Just screw them out (which raises action) until you have the action you like. This is the only way to raise action on a floyd rose guitar.

Although the posts aren't in this picture, the arrows point where they should be.

ive also found that restring a floyd rose was nowhere NEAR as horrible as people make out :/
sure it took me long enough to change the strings the first time... but yeno

ive got a slight question about setting the intonation on a floyd rose though.
how do you know if your intonation is out? and how do you fix it?
Top lel.
Quote by the memory
ive also found that restring a floyd rose was nowhere NEAR as horrible as people make out :/
sure it took me long enough to change the strings the first time... but yeno

ive got a slight question about setting the intonation on a floyd rose though.
how do you know if your intonation is out? and how do you fix it?

All your questions shall be answered here::

http://projectguitar.com/tut/intonate.htm
Thanks dudes!
- Gibson Flying V 120 #1 (White)
- Gibson Flying V 120 #2 (Cherry)
- Gibson SG Standard ('61 style)
- Jackson DK2M

- ENGL Fireball 60

- Many pedals, plus other stuff