I've been playing for a bit under less than a year now.. and i've decided to get a new bass..... i was looking for a four string...

I usually play more metal stuff, but on occasion i play a bit of jazz.

I was thinking on getting this fender jazz

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Aerodyne-4String-Jazz-Bass?sku=511988

tell me what your opinion is.
Very very nice bass. I tried one and it surprised me in how good it was
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
i would go with a gibson thuderbird. i have and epiphone thunderbird and it is perfect for metal. i don't think it would be good for jazz though
Eh, i played a few warwicks at guitar center.. they were pretty good but i really dont want to pay over like 700$ really, plus i can get the one i posted for around 480 or so at my guitar center
Jazzes are nice, but I would suggest something with some humbuckers for metal. I would look into Schecter's Stiletto Elite basses, either the 4 or 5 string. I have the 5, and I think it would suit you because the low B would be nice for metal, and also nice for jazz. It really gives you some extra range when wanting to play scales in lower octaves, or for improvising. It's your choice though.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
you havent even been playing for a year and your getting a 700$ bass? dont you think you should wait?

if you like metal then a fender jazz does NOT fit your style

if you like metal then go with a schecter

a cv-4 would be my best bet
Quote by BcRichOwner
warwick?

x2 Took it right from my keyboard
Self-Improvement is Masturbation
Quote by Trabo
you havent even been playing for a year and your getting a 700$ bass? dont you think you should wait?

if you like metal then a fender jazz does NOT fit your style

if you like metal then go with a schecter

a cv-4 would be my best bet

Like i said earlier i dont want to spend more than 700 $ on the bass

like i said before i'm going to be paying around 575$ for the one I posted earlier.