Hey!

im looking for a new guitar around £400 for rock/metal but has to be good for cleans too, well not great cleans but not terrible ones
i was looking for something like this:

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/66779

is this a good guitar? or can you recommend any others that are better?

and i want one with a locking trem too

thanks in advance
Ibanez SR505
Yamaha RBX 270
Epiphone G400
Ashdown MAG C410T
VOX AD100VT
Digitech BP200
Last edited by S&D at Mar 14, 2007,
edge pro II isnt great imo

I would recomend a Jackson of some sort, but I say play them before you buy!!
that Ibanez is not going to get a good clean sound. I would get a fender strat, pop in a hot rail or schorcher, and you will be set.

oh, and what is people with Ibanez these days?? Every ****ing person wants to buy an ibanez.
oo ok thanks, i'll have a look into some jacksons too

ibanez's seem like good guitars thats all
Ibanez SR505
Yamaha RBX 270
Epiphone G400
Ashdown MAG C410T
VOX AD100VT
Digitech BP200
Last edited by S&D at Mar 14, 2007,
Quote by buzzcut
that Ibanez is not going to get a good clean sound. I would get a fender strat, pop in a hot rail or schorcher, and you will be set.

oh, and what is people with Ibanez these days?? Every ****ing person wants to buy an ibanez.

Let me guess, do you own a Strat?

I think the TS will find that Ibanez is much better suited to metal than a Strat, even if the Strat has a Hot Rails. The Edge Pro II is a damn good trem and there's absolutely no reason you shouldn't be able to get a good clean sound with that guitar. Besides, he said he wanted one with a locking trem.

Hmmm, maybe people want to buy Ibanez's because they make good guitars and sell them at a decent price? Just a thought.
PRS Dave Navarro signature/Burny RLC-70 - Sonuus Wahoo wah/filter - Vox ToneLabLE - Boss DD-5 - Zoom MS-50G - Modded Ampeg VT-22 100-watt tube head or Peavey VK100 100-watt tube head (6L6GC's in both) - Soldano 4X12 cab w/Eminence Legends.
Last edited by fatgraymatt at Mar 15, 2007,
cool thanks for that fatgraymatt

one thing.. my sr505 is my bass
Ibanez SR505
Yamaha RBX 270
Epiphone G400
Ashdown MAG C410T
VOX AD100VT
Digitech BP200
Quote by fatgraymatt
Let me guess, do you own a Strat?

I think the TS will find that Ibanez is much better suited to metal than a Strat, even if the Strat has a Hot Rails. The Edge Pro II is a damn good trem and there's absolutely no reason you shouldn't be able to get a good clean sound with that guitar. Besides, he said he wanted one with a locking trem.

Hmmm, maybe people want to buy Ibanez's because they make good guitars and sell them at a decent price? Just a thought.

exactly, and ibanez's clean sounds good to...
I'm thinking either Ibanez S470 (which has the ZR trem; reliable as hell and smooth) which has a HSH combo. Lots of different tones are available to you with the 5 switch. 22 frets, however.

http://www.guitar.co.uk/guitars/electric/387-ibanez_s470_electric_guitar

Alternatively, try out the Washburn X40PRO. Schaller trem (reliable and made in Germany!), Seymour Duncan pickups with coil tapping (I think) and 24 frets.

http://machinehead.co.uk/product_info.php/products_id/269
Forget all the people that say ibanez are crap for cleans, because they are not and handle them fine. People like that tend to only listen to one kind of music and be so stubborn they won't any other kind. You can play metal on a strat aswell, the things that affect the tone the most are the pick ups, wood of guitar, amp and the neck. the make doesnt affect a thing, yes ibanez are good for playing metal but that doesn't mean they suck at cleans because they don't.