ok, so recently i got a Dean Evo XM electric guitar. it has a master vol, a master tone, and a three way selector switch. what i want to do with it is rewire it so that the master vol and master tone each become a vol pot for one of the two pickups, while keeping the selector switch the same. is this possible to do? any help would be greatly appreciated.

PS: i dont plan on having a tone control anymore, obviously, cuz i nvr use it anyway.
Yes, it's possible.

Here's what you have now, roughly.
http://www.guitarelectronics.com/product/WDUHH3T1101
Here's what you want.
http://www.seymourduncan.com/support/schematics/2h_2v_3w.html

Now, the colours will be off. So I want you to open up the control panel, look at the back, and tell me where the different wires from the pickups go.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
sorry i took so long to get back here, i was at school.

ok, so im not that good at describing things, but there's a blue and red wire leading from the the pickups into the electronics cavity, which are connected to the selector switch. then a black wire goes from the selector to the vol pot. then another black wire goes from the vol pot to the tone while another black wire goes to the input jack.
So there's only one wire coming from the pickups? Or is there one plastic coated wire, and then some strands surrounding that wire?
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
no, there is one blue plastic coated wire and one red plastic coated wire, both coming from the direction of the pickup cavity.
Quote by jutila91
no, there is one blue plastic coated wire and one red plastic coated wire, both coming from the direction of the pickup cavity.

oh, and there arent any strands surrounding either one
Quote by jutila91
oh, and there arent any strands surrounding either one

Interesting. You may have to unscrew the pickups individually and work out which wires are which. Pics of the control cavity would help a lot here.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."