Is there any famous old shredder? All I've seen are pretty young, like 60 max. Is shredding new? do they lose the shredding skill as they get old?

I think this is the correct forum for this post because I'm not talking about their music, just the curiosity of the lack of old shredders.
60 is pretty young?

Shred became cool in the 80's, and most shredders were 20-30 then, so they're 40-50 now.

What about BB King and Les Paul? They're not shredders, but they're old and wise.
Les Paul is like 90 I think...
apparently UG's only type O-

Quote by Strike9

Thanks jb_designs.
Al Di Meola may be getting up there, but the reason they're all young is because shredding was introduced during the 80's, so they probably weren't influenced by it.
Dickless.
Quote by Der Bomber
How old is Les Paul? Man he's fast!

really?, i read on wikipedia that he can play with only two fingers of the left hand because of arthritis. How can he be fast with 2 fingers? o.O
Quote by frusciante.ve
really?, i read on wikipedia that he can play with only two fingers of the left hand because of arthritis. How can he be fast with 2 fingers? o.O

Djanjo was fast with effectively just two fingers.
I think now though people seem to grow out of shredding as they get older, just a personal opinion though
Quote by Time Bomb
if dimebag was alive...

He'd be in his early forties, and he was never a shredder. No way he could hold a candle to the likes of Gilbert, Becker, and Friedman.
Dickless.
Quote by Shredder6
paganini?

I lol'd

Deffintly the godfather of shred Alvin Lee from Ten Years After, holy shit!, he can make an E major pentatonic scale drag on forever and ever!
Squier Classic Vibe Custom
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Fender Jazz Bass
Quote by nick dixon
I lol'd

Deffintly the godfather of shred Alvin Lee from Ten Years After, holy shit!, he can make an E major pentatonic scale drag on forever and ever!

also bireli
FREE-FORM METAL