how whas your first gig?

my first gig was a battle of the bands. the day before I was realy nervous but when I was there I was very calm.
but the weird thing is I can't remember much of the things I did, I don't remember that our gitarist used his wah etc..
our 2nd gitarist did something stupid after the first song, he introduced us with the old bandname and not with our new one and the jury was like "wtf is he talking about"

it was a great experience and I wasn't nervouse (that realy suprised me :s)

here is one song of that night -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jdUxxscfmY

(sorry for the bad english, it isn't my main language)
Quote by NoobMuncher3000
BRILLIANT!

Quote by weemansyndrome

(__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination.
If you include acoustic shows, we had this Acoustic Coffee House at my highschool (when I still went there and all) that I was in regularly. The first time I ever played in it was in grade 10 and I did the song Megalomaniac by Incubus. Keep in mind this was on an acoustic! I didn't even own and acoustic, and was just used to playing it on electric, which is sooo much easier. Now, personally, if I saw me do it now, I'd probably think "'eh, not a bad first show ever, but not very good." However, I was talking to this one girl who's a year below me the other day, (keep in mind I played this song 3 years ago), and we were talking about Coffee House, and she says, "my favourite song ever played in coffee house was when you did Megalomaniac way back." which surprises the shiiiit out of me. She's even got good musical taste too! So, apparently it struck a couple people a little bit.
Main Gear:
Cort G-Series 254
Takamine EG345C 12-String
Fender Squier P-Bass

Peavey Classic 50
Laney HCM65B

$75 Junk Drums w/ B8 Hats/Crash/Ride
My school does summer and christmas concerts, my first was the year before last, when I was like 13, on drums for a few things and in my band.

I got up and sang and played guitar for the first time ever a few months back, it was pretty cool, but it was for a load of parents so it wasn't too stressy. I can't really sing for shit though haha.
Yamaha 503TVL
Yamaha Pacifica
Squier Tele Custom II
Crafter bass
Cube 60
Kustom 2x12
my first was inside a TIM HORTONS!!! (for all you Canadians)
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez TS-9
EHX Big Muff Pi
Companion Fuzz Box
EHX Pulsar
Boss DD-6
Fender Hot Rod Deville 212
My first gig was also a battle of the bands. We couldn't fit all of our gear in two cars, so we had to make two trips. I had my first car accident that day on my way to get my amp, so we were late to the gig. The officer who wrote me the ticket was also assigned to security for the show. Despite playing four of our best originals and three Metallica songs (Orion, Damage, Inc. and Jump in the Fire), we got last place. As I was dragging my amp back to my damaged vehicle, the cop held the door open and said, "I guess it's not your day."
i don't have a band but i did a cadenza at my schools talent show last december and kicked the other dude doin a cadenza's ass. there were only two guitarist entered, so, it pwned
BOTB audition. It was pretty funny. Our singer kept forgetting the words and I laughed my ass off. I totally nailed a bass solo though.
derp
lol u have faggot in ur username

Quote by Jack Off Jill
You know, if you, Silent Deftone and I get together.. We'd be unstoppable at the night clubs.

Everything I say is to be taken as serious fucking business.
Quote by tagyoureit
My first gig was also a battle of the bands. We couldn't fit all of our gear in two cars, so we had to make two trips. I had my first car accident that day on my way to get my amp, so we were late to the gig. The officer who wrote me the ticket was also assigned to security for the show. Despite playing four of our best originals and three Metallica songs (Orion, Damage, Inc. and Jump in the Fire), we got last place. As I was dragging my amp back to my damaged vehicle, the cop held the door open and said, "I guess it's not your day."

Dude.. That blows!!!! At least you probably look back and laugh now.
My first was in a club when I was 12 or 13, I played drums. Good times.
Quote by ToffeeandApples
You my friend, put the pwn in pwnt.

Hell Yeah
Soon to play one, either this month or next.
If you have something clever to say, don't bother, most people won't get it.

ZOMFG TEH SP33[) I-I4><!!1!

No... Herman Li's just really good...

"Yes I do like marmalade in my eggs! Thank you for asking!"

Quote by Chubbes_Hammet
How do you sig people?

I had a really terrible first gig. We just straight up didn't know the songs well enough. I got in a fight with the drummer/singer after the third song he didn't know more than half of the words to, but then we played three effing spectacular songs and walked off into anonymity. We haven't played publically since (that was about a year ago), but we're giving it another shot a few weeks from now. Our downfall was some last minute set-tweaking, so this time around we picked songs weeks ago, and we're sticking with them. On the other hand, here's my first little solo appearance, at an open mic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eji5XFTtjaM

I think it went well.
Listen to mah discs.

And coming soon, THE CLEVER DEVILS VS. THE BLONDES.

Vote for me in the
my first show was at the Knitting Factory in manhattan... we played our opening song great and the crowd loved it... the next song we played is a hardore/metal version of Sugar we're goin down (i know FOB... how gay) but anyway in theb middle of the intro i dropped my pick and had to play the whole first section and verse (which now has a guitar part) without a pick,,,

than it gets better as my guitar cable short circuts inbetween songs and i gotta borrow a chord from another band in the middle of the set...

to add to it my bassist blew out his amp... and my drummers double bass pedal broke and almost cracked him in the face...

apart from the slew of technical difficulties the show wasn't bad at all...
I WANT TO BE THE MINORITY!
Our first show was good. We were playing at a party, did mostly originals with covers of Starlight - Muse, Molly's Chambers - Kings of Leon and the grand finale, Killing In The Name by RATM, which was mad, everyone was killing each other. Someone got knocked out, which I am quite proud of.

Only problems were I reverted to the old structure of a song, forgot the lyrics to one of the songs so improvised some about people in the crowd.
Quote by its_alive
rich_sg, I promote you to Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. of the Pit. way to speak your opinion.

Quote by ErnieBallfists
RICH_SG you are a filthy person for accusing me of dirty trolling , you are a stiff coconut
Quote by kevinmawae25
my first show was at the Knitting Factory in manhattan... we played our opening song great and the crowd loved it... the next song we played is a hardore/metal version of Sugar we're goin down (i know FOB... how gay) but anyway in theb middle of the intro i dropped my pick and had to play the whole first section and verse (which now has a guitar part) without a pick,,,

than it gets better as my guitar cable short circuts inbetween songs and i gotta borrow a chord from another band in the middle of the set...

to add to it my bassist blew out his amp... and my drummers double bass pedal broke and almost cracked him in the face...

apart from the slew of technical difficulties the show wasn't bad at all...

everything that can go wrong goes wrong... law of murphy (I don't know how you say it in english..)
Quote by NoobMuncher3000
BRILLIANT!

Quote by weemansyndrome

(__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination.
That would be Murphy's Law

Though it's mostly known as Sod's Law round here.
Quote by its_alive
rich_sg, I promote you to Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. of the Pit. way to speak your opinion.

Quote by ErnieBallfists
RICH_SG you are a filthy person for accusing me of dirty trolling , you are a stiff coconut