Hey people!

Can somebody help me get as close to a thin lizzy tone (boys are back in town in particular) as possible using an Ibanez TS-7 and a Boss MT-2?
Like, "o clock" instructions for the setting knobs! This is for playing over a completley clean kustom dfx channel!
thanks!!!

Adam
Gear:
Wasburn x-40w/floyd roseOFR
Swineshead venom+warthog pups
Kustom 100 wt quad DFX,Boss MT-2,Ibanez TS-7
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.
I think you should try getting the tone with the ts9 alone.
MT-2 isnt very good for that stuff (many will actualy tell you that its no good at all)
Im not telling you my secret ;P

Just get a nice tube amp .
The problem with the tube screamer is that ita really only a booster, i was thinking using the MT-2 at a low distortion setting and let the tubscreamer boost it, but since i use the guitar port alot, i have little experience with fiddling with the MT-2. This is for a battle of the bands by the way in a week, so tube amp = no chance lol
Gear:
just realises it says ts-2 in my sig, but yeah its a lowly ts-7, hadnt much cash left after my upgrades. ts-808 are like nearly 400$!0.o
any ideasregarding getting th tone trhough the MT-2?
Gear:
Oh sorry. :P
I had TS9 stuck in my head so i didnt bother to read the number after TS.

If you use the MT2 at a low drive setting and boost it with your TS7 it will just be the same as just cranking up the MT2 a bit.
Honestly theres no way you can get that tone with the mt2.
You just need a nice amp with some nice distortion or something.
Dont even bother trying.

Wait. There was some good setting somewhere on this site and i recal getting a nice classic rock tone.

Just mess with it. You also have to know exactly what tone ou want. just set all knobs at 12 o clock but leave the MID knob sligtly past 12. Now tweak the mid freq knob until you find the desired frequency. boost it or take it down a bit with the MID knob. After that just tweak the remaining knobs. hope this helps.
Last edited by Evil_Magician at Mar 14, 2007,
Quote by x0rsist
just realises it says ts-2 in my sig, but yeah its a lowly ts-7, hadnt much cash left after my upgrades. ts-808 are like nearly 400$!0.o
any ideasregarding getting th tone trhough the MT-2?

The vintage 808's are near those prices, but here's what I think you should do:

1. Sell the MT-2 and TS-7 on ebay.
2. Buy a vintage modded TS9