Hey. I currently have a mexican strat and i am going to buy a new guitar. I like classic rock / classic metal, and basically anything else (blues, jazz, funk etc.). I hate goth and emo and death metal.

Well i wan't a guitar that plays well, can sound like Angus Young, Slash, Randy Rhoads, Frusciante, Van Halen. (if all these are possible from one guitar)

I don't want another strat-style guitar as i have 2 already and would like a change. I have narrowed my search down to either a Jackson RR5 Rhoads or a PRS.

Can u guys help me out which would be better for the kind of music i like. Also, if i were to get a PRS, which model should i get?

any help much appreciated

cheers
MM

EDIT: Forgot to mention I have £1000 to spend (about $1900)
What's the difference between a chickpea and a lentil?
I've never paid to have a lentil on my face!
Last edited by Miracle_Man at Mar 14, 2007,
I'd go with the PRS if i were you, as the Jackson RR5 is a very 'metal' guitar. I haven't played a PRS though so you should go to a store and try some.
the PRS CE is around 1900 USD plus you can haggle it down at a store like GC. Its quite a nice looking and versatile guitar.
2006 Fender Deluxe Players Strat w/ Stephens Design Mojo pickups
Gibson SG Special
Carvin DC727 w/ Bareknuckle Nailbomb 7 and CWP 7
Mesa Boogie Mark IV head
Mesa Boogie 2x12 Cab MC90/EV200w

VP of Carvin Club but call me Il Duce
PRS Custom 22. I believe that is in your price range but I am not completely sure but my word its worth it.
-Denny
PRS Singlecut Trem

Member #2 of the Coheed and Cambria fanclub, PM dementedpuppy to join.
The PRS makes me happy in my pants. Jackson guitar necks tend to suck... the radius is too wide, especially if your coming off a Fender (very small radius neck). PRS' are amazing though. I'm actually doing a build soon, replicating one of their models.

I thought a PRS & a Jackson were totally different in the pricing. Jackson = below $1000... PRS = 2457368358358 thousand.
Yeah that Jackson is a very 'metal' guitar. But since you've got so much to spend, did you try Gibson guitars? PRS is a good choice too.
i swear by my PRS singlecut (tremonti sig, real one)

as far as jacksons are concerned, the high end randy rhoads models are VERY nice guitars as well (ive played on one at least a dozen times)

the lower end RRs are nice, but they start giving you crappier hardware as you go down
mydadisjewish = avatar stealer
Quote by Perforator
Yeah that Jackson is a very 'metal' guitar. But since you've got so much to spend, did you try Gibson guitars? PRS is a good choice too.

Yeh i tried gibsons. I disliked the SG as the neck is very long and i find it uncomfortable, also the Les pauls weigh like a baby eliphant lol. not that that matters much.
What's the difference between a chickpea and a lentil?
I've never paid to have a lentil on my face!
Tremonti Singlecuts are freaking amazing. And the Tremonti 2 runs about $2600
Guitar:
PRS Tremonti

Amp:
Bluetron Bluedrive
Ducted Port 1x12
Jensen Mod 12-110

Wants:
59/09's or Standard T&B
Singlecut is great Custom22 is awesome and I would prefer a maple cap over the standard22 non- maple top, I would also suggest a CE-22 mapletop with bolt on neck over the standard22 since it has no maple cap.