depends what you mean by better, which is also dependant on what style of music you want to play...?
Dimebuckers? Hell no.

Bill Lawrence L-X500 are what Dime actually used.

You could also do series/parallel wiring or coil splits, or reversing the phase.

You could also throw on some locking tuners.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
Is that a bolt on neck? If so I'd swap it out for a compound radii with jumbo SS frets; or at least have a fret dressing done (every XM series axe I've tried had some sharp frets).

Trade out the pickups for:

Bill Lawrence L500c/L50xl
Dimarzio air norton/x2n
Duncan '58/custom custom

Next a miniswitch for coil tapping.

Is that routed for a floyd? Swap for a real floyd or route it up for one (or Kahler).

Of course after all this stuff you would have invested enough to buy a pretty killer guitar...
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
at that point it would be in your best interest to get a new guitar
just my opinion
"what are good intermediate classic rock covers?"
Quote by EZLN libertad
alice in chains, stone temple pilots, led zeppelin, play rock and roll by zeppelin, thatll work well, maybe hendrix
and maybe war by meshuggah

/runs
Mudder Has a fine idea. I'd do what he said.

maybe smaller than jumbo, just medium.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
yeh if u llove dime u are gonna need a locking trem. also get the bill lawrence ans a duncan 59' have it refinished if u like and make the points sharper. that would rock
haha ZOMG I have a dimebag guitar I wanna sound like dimebag..

Dimebuckers!! Krankenstein!! (Continue a whole list of crappy gear that has Dime's name on it here..)

He never even used half the shit with his name on it. All it is is marketing gimicks.

The sad part is.. It works.

Anyway back on the subject.. EMGs and Original FR it.