Page 1 of 6
Joe Browns clothing company... anyone heard of them? They do a mixture of hippy/surfer/alternative clothes. Ages ago I bought something from their catalogue so now they keep sending me catalogues every few months.

I got one today and was flicking through, and saw a men's t-shirt saying 'musician looking for groupies' and thought hmm... went to the women's clothes section and was flicking through, and to my disgust saw the same t-shirt for women, saying

'groupie looking for musicians'

WHATS THAT ABOUT EH??! God forbid a woman should try and touch an instrument. Nooo, they are just there to be groupies, it's the men who are musicians!!! GRRR I'm so pissed off. And what's worse, these little bits of female supression are endorsed by fender.

So do you think it's acceptable or not? Should I be one of those losers who writes an angry letter, and try and blag some free stuff out of it? I am not a happy bunny.
This is the reason Orville Gibson got a sex change...
If you have something clever to say, don't bother, most people won't get it.

ZOMFG TEH SP33[) I-I4><!!1!

No... Herman Li's just really good...

"Yes I do like marmalade in my eggs! Thank you for asking!"

Quote by Chubbes_Hammet
How do you sig people?

Go for it, but it's true why can't i be a male groupie to a female musician?
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Joe Browns clothing company... anyone heard of them? They do a mixture of hippy/surfer/alternative clothes. Ages ago I bought something from their catalogue so now they keep sending me catalogues every few months.

I got one today and was flicking through, and saw a men's t-shirt saying 'musician looking for groupies' and thought hmm... went to the women's clothes section and was flicking through, and to my disgust saw the same t-shirt for women, saying

WHATS THAT ABOUT EH??! God forbid a woman should try and touch an instrument. Nooo, they are just there to be groupies, it's the men who are musicians!!! GRRR I'm so pissed off. And what's worse, these little bits of female supression are endorsed by fender.

So do you think it's acceptable or not? Should I be one of those losers who writes an angry letter, and try and blag some free stuff out of it? I am not a happy bunny.

Meh, I wouldn't freak, but they should have had both shirts for both sexes.

I think it'd be amusing to see a big macho guy with a shirt that said "groupie" on it.
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
The T-Shirt company probably wouldn't make too much money from a women's shirt saying the same thing. I don't know about you but I've always seen more male musicians than females (excluding classical, but I've never heard of a classical musician having groupies).
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
I think this is unacceptable. Every female should be offended by this - god forbid, they are some brain dead retard.. but still, stand up for your rights, ladies!
Quote by magnus_maximus
Well, name me 5 world famous female virtuoso musicians and I'll back you 100%.

You don't need to be a virtuoso to be a good musician.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

I got one today and was flicking through, and saw a men\'s t-shirt saying \'musician looking for groupies\' and thought hmm... went to the women\'s clothes section and was flicking through, and to my disgust saw the same t-shirt for women, saying

\'groupie looking for musicians\'

lol pwnt
i can see why your angry(I'm a guy BTW) but there's no rel point to telling us this $hite, because the pit is full of @$$holes who belive that women are things, so be fair warned that you won't get many intelligent answers except from women.
-Tox

ಠ_ಠ
WHOT?
Wow I'm soooooooo pissed right now. I keep getting these Victoria's Secret catalogues and guess what, theres not ONE thing in here for men. WTH??? I mean, god forbid men should be able to wear a bra and thong.

On a related note, it's not really right, but it's not like it's gonna chagne anything if you right a letter.

"New! Women are musicians too TSHIRTS on sale now! All thanks to so-and-so!"
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
Quote by magnus_maximus
Well, name me 5 world famous female virtuoso musicians and I\'ll back you 100%.

I suggest you look outside the limited views of rock and guitar and you\'ll see you\'re full of shit.
Quote by magnus_maximus
Someone wants some femenist action.

It gets the job done for me
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

No.

Damn you woman musicain n00b!

Stop PMSing!
Quote by brandooon
Buy both pickups. Rub icyhot on both of them. Sandwich your penis between them and walk to the nearest homeless shelter with your brand new icyhot penis sandwich.
Quote by toxicity33
i can see why your angry(I'm a guy BTW) but there's no rel point to telling us this $hite, because the pit is full of @$$holes who belive that women are things, so be fair warned that you won't get many intelligent answers except from women.

I agree with her as well and i'm male. Those T-shirts are just perpetuating the stupid stereotypes which most pit monkeys seem to believe.
Quote by metal4all
The T-Shirt company probably wouldn't make too much money from a women's shirt saying the same thing. I don't know about you but I've always seen more male musicians than females (excluding classical, but I've never heard of a classical musician having groupies).

Dont trust that

Viola players gets laiddddd
For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race toward an early grave.

Ben Hamelech
Quote by Draken
Go for it, but it's true why can't i be a male groupie to a female musician?

EXACTLY!!!! I would LOVE to see a guy wearing one of those. But noo, it seems the men have to be egotistical and women aren't allowed to be

Oh and five female musicians?
1. The great kat
2. Rynata shredmistress
3. Erm... Ladyhellraiser
4. ok, shut up, I have nothing to prove. it's t-shirts like that that stop there being female musicians around.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

Go for it! What have you got to lose?
Quote by umop-3p!sdn
If youre annoyed at that, I would advise you to stay far, far away from T-Shirt Hell

hahahaha i agree
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez TS-9
EHX Big Muff Pi
Companion Fuzz Box
EHX Pulsar
Boss DD-6
Fender Hot Rod Deville 212
Yeah, I get that catalogue, I saw that t-shirt and thought the same although I'm a guy.

But, it's a Fender official product, so your problem is with Fender really, and they're a big company. But you should still try and blag free stuff, it's always worth a go!

I agree it's definitely sexist.
Quote by magnus_maximus
Someone wants some femenist action.

No, I forgive you for your ignorance, seeing as how you do not know my life story. However, my mother raised 3 boys on her own and that has given me a deep respect for women. So I try to refrain from any sexist views.
Quote by magnus_maximus
Yes, but how many Jemima Satrianis or Jenny Hendrixes have there been?
(Not literally)

Tons.
All women are for is cooking.

Whats with Feminism...women are supposed to be treated like men, but you hit a man and its fine, but if I punch a girl in the face its a big deal...wtf yall
Does anyone notice as soon as a girl gets angry, men immediately make PMS jokes?

now doesn't that mean you all just suck (the men i mean).

I would love to wear a t-shirt saying i'm a groupie because it would be funny.
Quote by magnus_maximus
Well, name me 5 world famous female virtuoso musicians and I'll back you 100%.

Wow. You are just stupid. Women have done as much for humanity as men, or at least would have if not for people like you. UG has been a cesspool of misogyny lately.
Tiger style.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

I saw the male version, I would buy it, just I'm not sure my girlfriend would appreciate it .

As for the matter at hand, no, I've no problem with it, and find it kind of funny.

And, no offence to you, but I think feminism is one of the most pathetic things, ever.
Co-President of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

Quote by robopirate
Someone has gotten a bit worked up. Is it that time of the month ?

Pwn't

Quote by Chubbes_Hammet
How do you sig people?

Well I find the idea of groupie girls who'll drop their knickers for anyone holding a powerchord very pathetic anyway. It's like 'hey girls! wear a t-shirt that makes you look like a desperate sponger slut! and i'll wear one that makes me seem like a cool musician type!'
Quote by thaimaishu
I suggest you look outside the limited views of rock and guitar and you\'ll see you\'re full of shit.

yea, but piano players don't have groupies, do they.
well, it's about time someone asked...

PICS?

Quote by Chubbes_Hammet
How do you sig people?

Quote by JamieB

And, no offence to you, but I think feminism is one of the most pathetic things, ever.

I like you JamieB. But please explain that or I may have to kill you slightly.
Quote by magnus_maximus
Name some.

Vanessa Mae
Alex Parker
Nadia Solerno-Sonnenberg
Midori Goto
Sarah Chang
Ida Haendel
Ginette neveau

And that\'s just for violin alone. Maybe most of these women don\'t study rock because most rock is shallow and more than half of it is musically immature and complete trash.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
EXACTLY!!!! I would LOVE to see a guy wearing one of those. But noo, it seems the men have to be egotistical and women aren't allowed to be

Oh and five female musicians?
1. The great kat
2. Rynata shredmistress
3. Erm... Ladyhellraiser
4. ok, shut up, I have nothing to prove. it's t-shirts like that that stop there being female musicians around.

They're all pretty rubbish.

But yeah it's still pretty stupid, and there are PLENTY OF GREAT FEMALE MUSICIANS!
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Quote by GuitarsRock41
yea, but piano players don\'t have groupies, do they.

I don\'t think Malmsteen and Satriani has much groupies either.