I have recently purchased a fender dlx strat.. and i didnt like the floating bridge so i installed an extra 2 trem springs.. is that ok to do?? this is a 2 pivit bridge by the way..

also ive noticed that strings are now breaking more often with the bridge flux to the body.. and i found hard sharp points on the saddles which i belive to be caused by heavy tremolo use . is that correct??
Quote by Live_Undead
get a hammer, tap it a couple times, and put butter on it.
Last edited by white_strat_dlx at Mar 14, 2007,
You can file down the sharp ends of the saddles so that your strings won't break as often. You could also replace your saddles completely with some FerraGlides or another set.
-Denny
PRS Singlecut Trem

Member #2 of the Coheed and Cambria fanclub, PM dementedpuppy to join.
ive sanded down the saddles with 2000 wet and dry...
Quote by Live_Undead
Well then... lol The springs you added won't be an issue so don't worry about that. Since the saddles are still sharp you are most likely better off replacing them. Unless someone else here has another suggest which I hope they will posts I suggest replacing the saddles.
-Denny
PRS Singlecut Trem

Member #2 of the Coheed and Cambria fanclub, PM dementedpuppy to join.
lol ive only had the guitar for a very short time.. and i dont believe it is necessary to replace them...
Quote by Live_Undead
adding the extra springs will have pulled the bridge down onto the body and reduced the action (string height) on the neck. this may be ok but may cause fret buzz. it will also mean that the strings won't be passing over the saddles at the same angle as before so could be the cause of the strings breaking.

the proper way to disable the trem is to block it's movement with a piece of wood. don't ask me how to do this as i have never done it, as i am quite happy with the trem on my strat as it is.

I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
^ like said, u can add a small block of wood in the trem cavity. about the width of a 9volt battery. slips behind the trem block, prevents movement.

this probably wont help at this point.
uve already sanded the saddles, and sometimes that actually makes the matter worse. as little shavings just tend to multiply.

ive lubed saddle cuts too. never found much help from any of it. a set of graphtech saddles is pretty cheap and easy to install.

i personally dont think a strat trem should be blocked but to each his own.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011