I just downloaded his complete recordings, I'm not a huge blues guy, but I can't stop listening!

Discuss
Quote by thesublime
duarte, you're a jerk.

Quote by Ollie Led Zep
Hmm...a fugly, bimbo, blonde, rich, boring, mooching, waste of blood and organs, d*ck munching, talentless, sponging c*nt in prison?

One down...
i'm not sure i've heard too much of his, but take it to the blues forum
i'm sure there will be some fans there
i love the blues, without it there would be no rock n' roll, robert johnson is pretty good, i first heard of him in the movie "the crossroads" (not the one with britney spears) you can youtube it for some clips, it's a good movie
My name's Robert Johnston, so close
I haven't actually listened to him, I really should. Any recommendations?
FUCK YOU! GET PUMPED!
Quote by americnidiot
i'm not sure i've heard too much of his, but take it to the blues forum
i'm sure there will be some fans there

I noticed you're going to the Muse/MCR show in State College, do you go to PSU? Or are you just from the area?
Quote by thesublime
duarte, you're a jerk.

Quote by Ollie Led Zep
Hmm...a fugly, bimbo, blonde, rich, boring, mooching, waste of blood and organs, d*ck munching, talentless, sponging c*nt in prison?

One down...
Robert Johnson is good, but he gets a lot of criticism from blues fans. He didn't really do anything new or different for the genre, but yes, he did it well.

There are a lot of incredible Delta Blues artists out there. I really admire the genre because it is one of the few true American born styles. There wasn't anyone telling them what to do, or how to play, they just did it and in turn influenced just about every genre of music you can think of now... Especially rock.

There are many, many prolific artists who talk about how influential Robert Johnson was for them. The most notable is Eric Clapton. Clapton has covered most, if not all of Johnson's songs. If you like his version of 'Crossroads', check out the original.

There is an extremely interesting documentary they play on IFC (The Independent Film Channel) fairly often called "You See Me Laughin'" where they hung around and interviewed a bunch of the original Mississippi bluesmen.

Their attitudes and lives in general make the most hardcore metal act around look like a bunch of pansies.

Take the story of RL Burnside for example... Back in the day, he was arrested after shooting a guy in the head (thus killing him) in a bar fight. He spent six months in jail because his employer couldn't find anyone to replace him on the tractor. After being released, his comment was...

"I didn't mean to kill the son of a bitch, I just meant to shoot him in the head! Him dying is between him and the Lord!"

I love it.
Guitars:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Ibanez S-470 with Seymour Duncans
Ibanez RG-321
Schecter Damien 6
Art & Lutherie Wild Cherry

Amps:
Kustom 12 Gauge