Today I got really pissed off because this one girl tought punk started in England and wouldn't accept the fact that she was wrong after I showed her proof it started in America(she also thinks falloutboy is punk). I know its something that I shouldn't get really steamed about but why do people claim they know these things when they don't.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
Quote by hairypineapple
tell her one boob is bigger than the other

that allways help.. if u cant make her understand the facts, ruin her life
Quote by ealtdharkon
Sorry to break this to you, but you "hardcore" fans don't HAVE mosh pits.
You have epileptic line dancing.

Quote by NotTheSun3290
Well... I AM a virgin, afterall...
No offense, but I stopped giving a shit about what music that others think should be classified in any genre.

I'd say the first punk band were the New York Dolls. Weren't they English?
[quote="'-[NiL"]-']No offense, but I stopped giving a shit about what music that others think should be classified in any genre.

I'd say the first punk band were the New York Dolls. Weren't they English?

No they weren't they were form New York, and bands like the Velvet Underground, MC5, and Iggy and the Stoges were before them.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
or u know... u could not care cause its not a big deal at all... or just were more black and start to cut yourself
Guitars:
Ibanez IC300
Fender American Strat w/RioGrande texas specials

Amps:
Fender FM212R
a now broken tube amp

Quote by Gofishus
Dual Core. Do More. <-- Intel branded women.

Member of the Stevie Ray Vaughan Fan Club
[quote="'-[NiL"]-']I'd say the first punk band were the New York Dolls. Weren't they English?

think for three seconds what you said.... New York Dolls

maybe ill give you a hint. IT'S ****ING NEW YORK!!!!

EDIT: there is stupidity everywhere. even here

someone said that the ramones were their favorite british band, and someone just said the new york dolls are from england...
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Rancid are the best punk band ever.

Tim Armstrong is a songwriting genius, is a complete fashion diva and has an incredible singing voice.

He doesn't sound like Opie from family guy at all.
Quote by StreetLight3989
No they weren't they were form New York, and bands like the Velvet Underground, MC5, and Iggy and the Stoges were before them.

Iggy and the stooges came a bit latter they started off as just the stooges and after quite a few years they got a new guitarist and new vocals.
Quote by mike2

someone said that the ramones were their favorite british band, and someone just said the new york dolls are from england...

I just realized how stupid that was
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
Quote by mike2

Yeah it's just like, "where are the Spanish Steps"? DUUUUHHHHHHH!!!! Italy.
Quote by zackk
seriously though, listen to DaliLama.
Quote by Arthur Curry
My spidey sense tells me some mothafuckas are gonna be BANNED.
Quote by DaliLama
Yeah it's just like, "where are the Spanish Steps"? DUUUUHHHHHHH!!!! Italy.

Edit: next someone is gonna say that MC5 or Motor City Five are from ****ing germany or some shit....damn....
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Rancid are the best punk band ever.

Tim Armstrong is a songwriting genius, is a complete fashion diva and has an incredible singing voice.

He doesn't sound like Opie from family guy at all.
The first real punk band was the Ramones. We can all argue about which proto-punk band was the first punk band, but at the end of the day, let's all just agree that the Ramones started punk rock. No, they weren't the first with a similar sound, but they were the first true punk band. If we wanna look at the first punky/proto-punk band, we need to look back to bands like the Sonics.
I really hate these, 'someone at my school was wrong' type threads. I think I'm going to start a thread to moan about them tomorrow.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic