so im having a problem with my computer. for some reason anytime i plug something into the USB port, the computer will only stay on for a matter of minutes. It then shuts down and i get a blue screen saying something along the lines of "physical memory dump". this happens with anything, mp3 players, digital cameras. does anyone know how i might be able to fix this?
-Fender American Deluxe Jazz Bass
-Tech 21 Sansamp RBI
-Mesa Powerhouse 212
-Fender Bassman 410
-Tons of other bass/guitar gear

FAST MELODIC PUNK! CHECK OUT MY BAND!
therowleyestate.bandcamp.com
Quote by Fender_punk
so im having a problem with my computer. for some reason anytime i plug something into the USB port, the computer will only stay on for a matter of minutes. It then shuts down and i get a blue screen saying something along the lines of "physical memory dump". this happens with anything, mp3 players, digital cameras. does anyone know how i might be able to fix this?

Wow.

My friend was having this problem in school today on a computer.

Only there was no USB stuff involved, the damn thing just wouldn't switch on.

Don't know what to do about it
Co-President of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

yeah its pretty annoying. i have just enoguh time to load pictures or to put music on the mp3 and then nothing.
-Tech 21 Sansamp RBI
-Mesa Powerhouse 212
-Fender Bassman 410

you can use the Evntvwr in Run or something like that and it may tell u a better source of the error but ehm.

Make sure your running the USB 2.0 driver and that your Motherboard supports it, if its an old PC.

Check for viruses, perhaps. but maybe, if its been a problem from the start, your Pc is too low spec for the MP3 and its just crashing the PC it trying to load but, if your on XP (BSOD) then shrug.
buy/replace the RAM or take it into a shop to see if they can do anything about it.
Logos and websites for low prices - pm me

Quote by SideshowRaven24
wow dude way to think innovative. nice plan.
Quote by icon_player_5
that would be awesome if you saw it all the way through, good imagination

Fender Telecaster
60s Epi-Acoustic
Fender Pro-Junior
Boss BD-2
ok ill try what al silver said. the thing is its only recently started this and ive been using this mp3 player for over a year. thanks though, i appreciate the feedback
-Tech 21 Sansamp RBI
-Mesa Powerhouse 212
-Fender Bassman 410

Quote by Fender_punk
ok ill try what al silver said. the thing is its only recently started this and ive been using this mp3 player for over a year. thanks though, i appreciate the feedback

Waaait. it might not be the RAM, if the PC works okay for everything else.

How much ram do you have? If you have like 64mb then yeah, thats a problem if you have like 128mb->1gb that should be fine, for an Mp3 player, and if ur pc works fine without.
i have no idea about what pretty much anything said here means. i know nothing of computers. the help is appreciated none the less
-Tech 21 Sansamp RBI
-Mesa Powerhouse 212
-Fender Bassman 410

Updated USB drivers.
That or maybe...some USB devices get their power from the USB connection. If you have a failing power supply, those devices may be trying to pull more power from the power supply than it can provide to that device, plus all the others. This can cause the whole system to shut down.
Could be a number of things. How old is the computer? Maybe the memory is too low and using the USB is starving the CPU of memory to run anything. Unlikely 2nd suggestion is the power supply may be low and leaving/plugging USB devices in may take up extra power and cause other devices to lose power so it will stop. Try updating the USB drivers and possibly plugging it into a high speed USB 2.0 port rather that an old USB 1.1. The most likely solution is the memory is pretty low and your doing too much at the same time causing it to just freeze and stop.
I had this error. turned out my USB card had died (i had a PCI one with 3 ports on it). if its onboard, then you're buggered. see if it happens with EVERY port. Might be a new motherboard
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.