a teenager is allowed to move out of their parents house? Like, say someone was to run away from home, it seems like if they are under a certain age they are supposed to be returned to their parents. Maybe I am making this up, but does anyone know what the legal living-on-your-own age is, or even if there is one?
18, I think.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
18, unless you go to court.
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Rancid are the best punk band ever.

Tim Armstrong is a songwriting genius, is a complete fashion diva and has an incredible singing voice.

He doesn't sound like Opie from family guy at all.
You can move out at 16 in theory, but you wouldn't get a mortgage or anything to help you. Usually its 18.

However, you can have a say in your adoption at 12.
Terms and Conditions apply.
In England, you can move out at 16.

If you run away, you can't be forced to return home as long as you're over 13.
My name is Marc! Silly username.
Quote by NemesisX

If you run away, you can't be forced to return home as long as you're over 13.

Yes you can.
Terms and Conditions apply.
In the U.S. it is 18
You can pretty much leave anytime you want but the law considers you an "infant" until 18.
If you do leave and get youself into a world of shit (unless you have an emancipation decree granted by a court which can be done at 16 but the situation must be extreme) your parents are on the hook for cleaning it up. I speak from personal experience. Stay home and put up with all the injustice cause the real world is just gonna eat you alive.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by cagnius
You can move out at 16 in theory, but you wouldn't get a mortgage or anything to help you. Usually its 18.

However, you can have a say in your adoption at 12.

So, I'm 16, if i were to just go off and get a job, and live wherever i could (friends houses, car, etc.) would I be binded by law to return to my parents house?
Quote by lifeskater09
a teenager is allowed to move out of their parents house? Like, say someone was to run away from home, it seems like if they are under a certain age they are supposed to be returned to their parents. Maybe I am making this up, but does anyone know what the legal living-on-your-own age is, or even if there is one?

What? There's a legal age for that sort of thing?
In England, i dont think there's anything stopping you...
Quote by iHurricaneGTR

Goats are like mushrooms.
When you shoot a duck,
I'm afraid of toasters.

Quote by Avedas
South Korea should have their Starcraft league members double as military strategists.
What makes it hard in Australia is not being away from home, it's claiming welfare when the law considers you still in your parents custody. I have a friend who can't live at home because of her violent abusive psycho parents (and they really are unstable, I've been on the recieving end of their paranoid delusions myself) but she can't claim student allowance because officially she's still dependant on her family. She managed a year of high school living on her own, but has had to drop out with one year to go and work.

I'm hoping with the police reports (she has all kinds of charges and restraining orders against her dad) she'll be able to claim independance, and get an allowance from the govt to go back to School. She shouldn't have to drop out of school at 17 and work.
Quote by The devil at the crossroads
E|-------------------------------------------1--
B|-----------------------------------1--4--
G|-------------------------1-3-4--
D|------------------1-3----
A|--------1-2-3----
E|-1-4-----

Just move it around the fretboard
Quote by lifeskater09
So, I'm 16, if i were to just go off and get a job, and live wherever i could (friends houses, car, etc.) would I be binded by law to return to my parents house?

Don't think so.

I always thought it was 16.

Once you hit 16, the parents can kick you out, hence, you can move out.
Co-President of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

its 18 unless you go to court, or get married. its that simple.
Quote by Ignite

Once I got out of a pool and it was like 1cm.

Quote by Meths
I think there are few people with a less important opinion on women than you.
Quote by Demonbreed
What? There's a legal age for that sort of thing?
In England, i dont think there's anything stopping you...

Yeah, I'd heard that before.. Though before that, I'd assumed that it was 18. I never looked into it though.
Quote by holybassbatman!
Most people on UG are teenage boys who think that the only way they can assert their 'dominancy' is by making others feel low and bossing them around. More than likely in real life they are subject to bullying.
True?

18—legally an adult.
Younger if you go to court and get yourself legally emancipated. The likelyhood of that happening is slim—if you have to go to a guitar forum to find out what age is legal, you most likely are not mature enough to live on your own and support yourself.

Hey guys! I just started playing electric guitar should I get a Gabson Lay Pall or a Femdor Startokaster. I like the picks on the gabsons but i like how sweet femdors look. Beforre i get a gabson what company makes them?