Poll: Acoustic or Electric guitars??
Poll Options
View poll results: Acoustic or Electric guitars??
Acoustic
24 29%
Electric
58 71%
Voters: 82.
they both suit diferent purposes, i dont prefer one over the other really.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Electric as there are alot more possibilitys with one. eg digital effects, alot of volume... and an electric can also sound like an acoustic, but an acoustic can sound like an electric.
Quote by y2james2007 :p
Electric as there are alot more possibilitys with one. eg digital effects, alot of volume... and an electric can also sound like an acoustic, but an acoustic can sound like an electric.

You can do all that with an Electro-Acoustic too. and travel with it.
Electric, based solely on the fact that the strings are softer. If i could find like 8 or 9 gauge acoustic strings, i would fall in love.
A Seven Nation army couldn't hold me back.
Personally, ELECTRIC!

acoustics are fun but i absolutely love playing electric
Quote by dazzler16
You can do all that with an Electro-Acoustic too. and travel with it.

Yup, but that means it's an electric guitar.
Electric because I'm hardcore.
Co-President of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

electric. i had to play my acoustic for about a year and a half while saving for my electric and i haven't played my acoustic apart from at school since

Quote by JamieB
Electric because I'm hardcore.

and that^
My Rig:

Guitars:
Schecter C-1 Classic (Deep Sea Green)
Jackson DK2M Snow White Edition
BC Rich Mockingbird Special X

Amps:
Mesa Boogie Express 5:50 212
Roland Microcube

RIP Kevin Robert Swerdfiger
September 15 1991 - May 16 2008
Acoustic because a well played acoustic guitar sounds so sweet. Why do you think the MTV Unplugged's are special?
why do you think steve vai is so special?
My Rig:

Guitars:
Schecter C-1 Classic (Deep Sea Green)
Jackson DK2M Snow White Edition
BC Rich Mockingbird Special X

Amps:
Mesa Boogie Express 5:50 212
Roland Microcube

RIP Kevin Robert Swerdfiger
September 15 1991 - May 16 2008
electric. More fret access, thinner neck, lighter strings and....... DISTORTION!
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.
-Jimi Hendrix
Quote by kyle100
why do you think steve vai is so special?

He got dropped on his head as a child?

Haha just playin. This could turn into a flame war.
A Seven Nation army couldn't hold me back.
Nylon string acoustic FTW!
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Once I can get a floyd rose on my ovation, I'll change my mind. Until then, Electric.
I'm back, you douchebags.
I love my electric, but acoustics sound good when you want to use them. But dude, when playing Crazy Train, how can you get a pinched harmonic on a acoustic?!!
Quote by y2james2007 :p
Yup, but that means it's an electric guitar.

No it doesn't It means that it can be plugged in and works just as well as an acoustic.
I will assume you are fairly new to guitar. An Electro Acoustic is an Acoustic guitar with either a pickup or a Microphone in it and it can be plugged into an amp.
It depends on the song but i find electric easier to play.
I couldn't decide (my favorite guitar is my electric, so i voted that).

Acoustic-portability, great sound, gets the ladies

Electric-versatility, speed, sustain

meh
Electric will always be easier to play. In my opinion, you don't show true talent unless you can show you know how to play acoustic well. Playing acoustic, you're completely naked.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Quote by Harmonius
Electric will always be easier to play. In my opinion, you don't show true talent unless you can show you know how to play acoustic well. Playing acoustic, you're completely naked.

It's only easier for me because i'm a fatty and if i play acoustic the strings are even further away.
^^^ +1 Excellent point, but I find it more fun to play electric, although I won't let my acoustic skills slip.
I'm with the both suit different purposes crowd, but on guitar I'm primarily an acoustic player, so I'll go with that.

Plus, I guess I love the direct, straightforward feel and intimacy of acoustic.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
I also think that you're less likely to be called a poser with an acoustic than an electric.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Quote by Harmonius
I also think that you're less likely to be called a poser with an acoustic than an electric.

See this is why being a bassist is better we're too cool to pose, infact we rarely even move.
Quote by Draken
See this is why being a bassist is better we're too cool to pose, infact we rarely even move.

I also think bassists are almost always tall. You must be at least 6ft.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

i like both, but since that is not an option i would have to say electric. my gf likes me to play acoustic though.
Gear:
Ibanez S520EX EMG 81/85
Ibanez RG350MP
Fender acoustic (Black)

Peavey Vypyr 15
Peavey 6505 212 combo
i love the sound of acoustic, sweet child o mine sounds awesome acoustic (dont sound bad without) but i disagree with the portability thing, electrics aint as light but they are thinner, n thus easier to squeeze into a car

n its annoying that u need to have an amp with you all the time for elelctric, however, my vote goes to electric (but i dont hold it against neone who goes the other way, coz it's close)
Acoustic by far. For me, it's always seemed more real, more alive, more organic. I can only stand the electric when it's played by someone really good.
Death to Ovation haters!
Quote by clapton-floyd
I love my electric, but acoustics sound good when you want to use them. But dude, when playing Crazy Train, how can you get a pinched harmonic on a acoustic?!!

By being really good.
Quote by boardsofcanada
^^

<_<
~Bass'-play-er.

The #1 member of the club that isn't terribly predjudiced against emo. Get over yourselves.
PM me, or just say # x
And part of Fortysix and twos Defenders of Emo club.

" Zach_F I love you for that."