My second proper concert with a full band.

Teachers at our school suck and make us turn the amps down cause they didnt wanna turn the mics up any more but the drums were still to loud so we thought F**K it an just turned up on stage as we were too quiet. You will see me a few times turning round turning my amp up, i could just about hear it standing where i was and being the lead for that song i had the solo to play so needed to be over the other dude. The solo still came out a bit to quiet but hey i think we did good. The drums an guitarists any way. I think singer needs practice, tho he was nervous an can sing better than that when he is just with us I prommice u.

Video is on my space but its open to any one even without an account.
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=2013784891

Crit please
P.s im the dude with the les paul black beauty
I think the performance itself was pretty tight. I'd say that your singer is by no means bad but the songs didn't really suit his voice. It was also pretty obvious he was nervous but it sounded like you held the crowd so good job!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihavnofingrprnt
well there are only three true people alive today who are actually possesed by satan

Dakota Fanning, the kfc general dude, and my neighbor and all of them dont have much musical ability
Yeah man the singer sounds ****ing nervous and he's straining himself as that song really doesn't suit his voice. But it was pretty thight so good job. A bit flat yes but pretty good.

Edit: Forgot to mention, you can hear the singer is not bad in some bits but he was forcing himself for Hero (didn't watch the rest). Once again good job.
Professional Tracking, Mixing and Mastering available.
Available for live sound, consultation and rig/ system designing in and around the Montreal, CA area.
PM for details.

Past clients/ credits include: The Catalyst, Click! and Alain Caron.
Last edited by miguelito2729 at Mar 14, 2007,
Loved the guitar tone and you were thight with the drums. So all good to me.
Professional Tracking, Mixing and Mastering available.
Available for live sound, consultation and rig/ system designing in and around the Montreal, CA area.
PM for details.

Past clients/ credits include: The Catalyst, Click! and Alain Caron.
I don't like the singer at all, but I guess he could just be nervous. Not bad though other then that, why do you need two guitarists?
I think playing "Hero" in a key where the singer feels comfortable would make it sound a lot better.

You could basically just hear the drums, and they were fine.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by Spamwise
I don't like the singer at all, but I guess he could just be nervous. Not bad though other then that, why do you need two guitarists?

Because during the solo there is rhythm backing, playing just a solo on its own sounds crap without a backing, plus the little picking part the guy with the fender does i cant play. Im only a basic picker an i havent got round to learning that bit yet.
wheres the stage presence? i mean you guys are basically just standing there, i know that there are always stage restrictions because of space but still. go a little crazy and have lots of fun, when your soloing, i dunno how to explain this but like solo with your body. Like when your bending a note, bend backwards, when theres a pause in the music like right before the chorus, jump a bit. especially the singer, he needs to loosen up he looks hella nervous.

on a good note, the playing was tight
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

Songer is ot of tune.. But the guitars/drums are tight!! Also ye need a bass player! It would fill out your sound!!
good intsruments
crap vocals
riddance was nicely picked but not too nicley strummed, maybe work on that.
And somehow i had the feeling that the guitar was not tuned
How old are you? It's good in parts.... if the singer practiced he could quite good, and he needs to stop imitating the voices he's singing. Guitars and drums ok, strumming needs to be sorted in the Greenday song, and you need a bass player. Regardless of anything, bands NEED bass players.

But it wasn't too bad. ok.