does anyone know if it sucks much tone?

i have one, but i cant really tell the difference yet.

does anyone know?

thanks!
sucking is the wrong word. it is more like coloring. tubescreamers boost the upper mids so it kind sounds like a human screaming.
a human screaming? that doesn't sound too pleasant
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
lol!

i dont mean when its activated.

it doesnt sound like a human screaming :|

im talking about when its on bypass.
it is not true bypass so it would a little, but i doubt it would be noticable. if you say you cant tell then why worry about it? if you like it then and cant tell if its coloring it than cool
Quote by avalanche930
it is not true bypass so it would a little, but i doubt it would be noticable. if you say you cant tell then why worry about it? if you like it then and cant tell if its coloring it than cool

well i cant tell becuase of my lifeless ear for tone :|
Quote by Punk_Ninja
Yeah I hear they're good (not true bypass i don't think) I think the Maxon one's are though?

well i have a ts808.

im not buying a new one.

yes, the maxon's are.
Not saying buy a new one!

The TS808s may not be true bypass and even if they do suck the tone a lil' that don't matter, I use the stuff in my sig and i know sure as he;; they are true bypass, some probably suck tone like mad but i still like them.
It's definitely minute. I can't notice it and I always thought that the talk of tone suckage was audiophile's and elitist's being morons. However, when I put my Crybaby in line with my TS9DX I was losing so much tone I couldn't believe it.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay