Page 1 of 2
Hey people. Well, i want buy a new guitar, and i'm confused. The LTD EC-500 or the ibanez S520? Personaly, i love the ltd (design), but i want the better relacion price/quality. My style of music is death/power/trash/heavy metal.
Cheers ( sorry the bad english xD )
Last edited by Op3a at Mar 19, 2007,
S520 all the way. It's well worth sacrificing the looks, its a much better guitar imo.
S520 man. Better tremolo, wizard 2 neck, and mahogany body.
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.
-Jimi Hendrix
Both are real sweet, but the Ibanez has a way better trem, not sure about the pups but the RR3 has SD ones. Tough decision mate but I think you should go for the Ibanez and switch out the pups. My two cents
Current Rig:

Ibanez GRG270dx
DOD 40watt amp (don't know the model)
Dunlop Crybaby (moded)

I know it's sad but it'll do for now.

Member of the Nasi Lemak Appreciation Club!
All new s series use the same tremolo...
On the S520 I think your just paying extra for nicer wood.
I want a 470, Ill buy one one of these days.
Get the S520 though, Its tremolo is nicer, I can almost promise.
Quote by boardsofcanada
^^

<_<
~Bass'-play-er.

The #1 member of the club that isn't terribly predjudiced against emo. Get over yourselves.
PM me, or just say # x
And part of Fortysix and twos Defenders of Emo club.

" Zach_F I love you for that."
^Alot of death metal bands use Alder actually, it's just that they run 'em through 5150's and such.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
id be torn too, but the ibanez has a much better trem system so id go with that
personally id get the jackson, the trem isnt too bad (although ZRs are very cool) and everything else about it is better in my opinion, the pickups, the neck, the shape, ect
Wich has the better feactures? I wouldn't buy other guitar soon, so I want the best And wich is the best wood: alder or mahogany?
cheers
I actually own both guitars. To be honest the Ibanez has a better build quality and is a lot more solid. The ZR trem is amazing on it too it will never break, I could throw the thing off the top of the building and it would be fine.

I love my RR3 but it's taken a lot of money to invest into it for that love. I had to replace the crappy LFR with an OFR. Had to replace the bridge pickup because it was so weak for palm mutes and I had to do a full setup on it.

If I could only have one guitar I would keep the Ibanez. The Ibanez is also better for heavy death metal stuff with it's mahogany body. The RR3 does thrash 80's metal better.
Gear:
2006 Jackson RR3
2006 Ibanez S520EX
Peavy JSX 120W Head
Roland Cube 30
Quote by bmschrad
I actually own both guitars. To be honest the Ibanez has a better build quality and is a lot more solid. The ZR trem is amazing on it too it will never break, I could throw the thing off the top of the building and it would be fine.

I love my RR3 but it's taken a lot of money to invest into it for that love. I had to replace the crappy LFR with an OFR. Had to replace the bridge pickup because it was so weak for palm mutes and I had to do a full setup on it.

If I could only have one guitar I would keep the Ibanez. The Ibanez is also better for heavy death metal stuff with it's mahogany body. The RR3 does thrash 80's metal better.

And pinch harmonics? How the ibanez scream?
I would go for the Ibanez... also cause I just hate those strange V and B.C. Rich style shapes
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
Jackson, an all around better guitar IMO.

ibanez wizard || ---> jackson neck
ibanez neck joint ---> jackson neck joint
mahagony ---> alder
ZR trem ---> LFR

gear.

Schecter Loomis sig.
Engl fireball.
the highest.

CANNABIZZLE

Lets blaze, put this in your sig if you want to get high.
Quote by bodomfan666
mahagony ---> alder
ZR trem ---> LFR

Conclusion: Ibanez wins?
I have an RR3 and I don't usually like Ibanez guitars but I think the S570,S470 whatever you get, would do better than the RR3. The RR3 will need a new trem and a new bridge pickup, the JB is good but not for death metal kind of stuff. The S570 has a great trem on it but will need new pickups too.
SPAM
Stock Gibson Pickups from a 2005 V, I think they're a 498T and 500T set FS/FT
Duncan Distortion (regular spaced) FS

Looking for: an acoustic, recording gear, or $
Quote by Op3a
And pinch harmonics? How the ibanez scream?

bmschrad, please tell me this
never played the s520, pretty cool lookin IMO, but i own an RR3 and believe me, you will not regret it if you buy it.
Quote by bodomfan666
mahagony ---> alder
ZR trem ---> LFR

Opinion, because I actually prefer the Jackson neck
Opinion, and there is really nothing wrong with the Jackson neck joint
Also an opinion, because some people, including me, prefer alder to mahogany
Fact, even though the Jackson trem holds up well

And I'm going to have to agree with MetalDisease on this one. You will not regret buying an RR3.
Quote by NightmareXT
Opinion, because I actually prefer the Jackson neck
Opinion, and there is really nothing wrong with the Jackson neck joint
Also an opinion, because some people, including me, prefer alder to mahogany
Fact, even though the Jackson trem holds up well

And I'm going to have to agree with MetalDisease on this one. You will not regret buying an RR3.

Why do you prefer alder to mahogany?
cheers
I say: Ibanez all the way!
I'm getting a S520 as soon as possible
MY GEARS:
Ibanez S520EX
Fender American Stratocaster
Epiphone Les Paul w/ Killswitch
Fender 12-string Acoustic
Fender Champion300 (to be changed soon to a Tube Amp)
Ibanez TS-9 Overdrive pedal
Boss PW-10 pedal
Wich are the major diferences between alder and mahogany?
cheers
Mahogany is more darker sounding. Alder is more bright.
-Jimi Hendrix
I'm an Ibanez man all the way.

I think they make some of the best stuff out there for the money whether you're looking for a bass or guitar. I've played gibsons...fenders...jacksons...off brands...PRS...more than I could ever remember, no matter what I decide to putz around on at the local Guitar Center (new one's opening 2 min from my house in 6 days!!!), I ALWAYS find myself happy to come back to my custom '94 S540LTD and, my newest addition, my RGT6EXFX.

But...no matter what anyone here says, YOU need to go play both of them. That's the only way you know you'll get what you're looking for.
Yesterday i was talking with a guy who's musician. He tolds me that ibanez were maid in korea, who wasnt very good, and jackson were maid in japan. The construction of the ibanez is bad? I was playing with him and i love the all guitar (the pu's aren't so good, but nothing insuportable) i also play with an RR24 and i like more ibanez neck's and look, and the tremolo, who rullesss. Even if ibanez were maid in korea, isn't bad choise?
Quote by Op3a
Yesterday i was talking with a guy who's musician. He tolds me that ibanez were maid in korea, who wasnt very good, and jackson were maid in japan. The construction of the ibanez is bad? I was playing with him and i love the all guitar (the pu's aren't so good, but nothing insuportable) i also play with an RR24 and i like more ibanez neck's and look, and the tremolo, who rullesss. Even if ibanez were maid in korea, isn't bad choise?

True, that Ibanez S520EX is made in Korea, and the Jackson is made in Japan. Japanese Craftmanship is usually top notch and is much better than Korean Craftmanship. However, if you can set up the guitar well, it will be fine.

Are you buying the guitar in store? If so, TRY OUT THE GUITAR! Inspect it well and make sure it is in amazing shape.
Quote by Mwoit
True, that Ibanez S520EX is made in Korea, and the Jackson is made in Japan. Japanese Craftmanship is usually top notch and is much better than Korean Craftmanship. However, if you can set up the guitar well, it will be fine.

Are you buying the guitar in store? If so, TRY OUT THE GUITAR! Inspect it well and make sure it is in amazing shape.

I already try it, yesterday. I'm in love i already try a rr24 (alexi laiho jackson) and I love the ibanez neck, more than the rr24. The rr24 have a better sound, but have emg81. The construction of the ibanez, for me, looks amazing. My ideia is buy the ibanez, and later buy a tonezone or a dsonic, for the bridge. Do I the right choise?
yeah, just swap the stock pickups and you have an awesome guitar
-Jimi Hendrix
That's what I did. I loved my S stock but the pickups left a little to be desired. So I swapped in an active Zakk Wylde EMG 81/85 set...it sounds killer, man.
Oh...and keep in mind...my pickups aren't the same as you'd get now. I don't really know anything about the ones the put in them now. My S was made 13 years ago...
Rr3 All The Way. Jackson Forever!
The Big Three

RR1 Rhoads, Dean FBD Dimbag Tribute ML (check), Ibanez Bad Horsie JEM

"blacker than the blackest black...times infinity."

"so get your ass checked out before its to late, turkeys!"
Ok, between ibanez and jackson, I choose the ibanez...But today I saw a guitar that i liked very much.....The LTD EC-500. It's good? Better or worse than ibanez?
cheers
The LTD EC-500 is definitely better than both the S520 and RR3.

Better pickups(EMG81/60)
Better quality
24 frets
set neck
no tremolo so you can't go wrong

BTW the ltd's neck will be thicker and the gloss on the back will make it sticky and stuff
-Jimi Hendrix
Quote by mw7
The LTD EC-500 is definitely better than both the S520 and RR3.

Better pickups(EMG81/60)
Better quality
24 frets
set neck
no tremolo so you can't go wrong

BTW the ltd's neck will be thicker and the gloss on the back will make it sticky and stuff

And the construction of the ltd? It's good?
yea, its the top of the line on the LTD standard series and it looks good. I haven't heard any bad things about them either.
-Jimi Hendrix
So, once again, i ask Ibanez S520 or LTD EC-500?
cheers
Last edited by Op3a at Mar 19, 2007,
Page 1 of 2