Im uprgading in a month so whats the best TUBE amp on a $400 budget? I want good cleans and good blues overdrive. After this I wont be able to get anything else for awhile due to circumstances so i need somthing i can be statisfied with for probably the next five years.

The Fender blues junior is the most appealing to me, but im realy discouraged about buying it because of its bias problems. I dont know if im capable of fixing it and it seems dumb to me to buy a brand new amp and then pay someone to fix it. Does anyone have a good estimate of how many years the hot bias takes off its lifespan?

I came across this amp and it appears to be comparable to the blues jr. Its 100 over my budget though, but maybe i could talk them down. Does anyone have any experience with this one?

Others that seem nice :
Champion 600
Epi VJ
Pro Jr

I will try before I buy of course. I just want to hear some expert opinions first. Thanks for any help.
"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky"
ive only played the valve junior but i personally didn't think it was too great of a sounding amp, i thought the overdrive was horrible. honestly for that price id just buy a decent solid state because most tube amps at that price arent too reliable or good sounding.
Unless you know how to solder and are planning to mod it, the VJ isn't that good, unless all you play is clean and slight overdrive.
My Gear:

Guitars:
Fender American HSS Stratocaster

Amps & Effects:
Hand-Wired JCM 800 2204
Hand-Wired V30 2x12 Cab
Keeley TS-9 Tube Screamer
ISP Decimator
EHX Holiest Grail
Modded Dunlop Crybaby
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
VALVE JUNIOR BASHERS MUST DIE! That little tube amp is an awesome little machine - Only if you use pedals. Otherwise, I'd agree. The natural OD isn't that awesome. That little VJ - As well - Dosen't get too loud, It's not meant to. In all honesty, Man, four hundred dollars isn't worth much in the tube world. To give you a few budget names, Though - B-52 has great products, Epiphone has kicked into the boutique world with a big bang - You can find some used fenders at that price, You can by kits to make awesome amps at that price. But, In all honesty, man. Take that money, And invest into a nice solid state. Upgrading to tube power and tone isn't a four hundred dollar deal, It's more of a fifteen hundred dollar deal. You're not going to be able to afford a Marshall, and most new fender amps at that price arn't going to give you much bang for the buck. Save, Or go with solid state.
Blessed be he who sat on the bee, For he shall rise again!
Check out a Pignose G40V. I have one, and it has a great clean and blues sound.
There's the Peavy Valveking too. Here are some links.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Pignose-G40V-Tube-Amp?sku=489052

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-ValveKing-112-Combo-Amp?sku=481442

The Pignose is 40 watt and the Valveking is a 50 watter. Both loud enough to play most gigs.
The Vlave Junior sounds just as good as most amps, but is just quieter. It has great tone with any guitar. I have a custom that sounds like like a telecaster that sounds amazing through it, but the best is my gibson sonex 180 custom(sounds exactly, i mean exactly, like a les paul standard). It sounds amazing. The cleans sparkle so well and when you get it dirty, its orgasmic. Sometimes i use a couple pedals; overdrive, equalizer, and reverb pedal, but im happiest just plugging straight into the Valve Junior(with an attenuator between the speakers so i odnt piss anyone off). I highly recomend it. That 30 watt epi sound cool too
A few weeks ago I was looking for a good bluesy amp for shi*s and giggles and I found a great one. It took a while, but I found it at a not so local music store. It is called the Fender Harvard. It is not a tube amp. BUT, dont stop reading! This amp is incredible! It withstanded alot of volume on the clean very well, and when it when to distortion, it sounded amazing. I played an epiphone 310 sg through it,(nearest guitar), and I was not dissapointed in the long bit.

Finding this amp could be impossible, but it is worth a shot. The clean sounded better than my old tube amp(Traynor YCV80), and the distortion blended very well. This would be a fantastic blues amp for under $400 dollars.
If you are willing to go used you could keep an eye out for: Peavey Classic series amps, Fender Hot Rods, Crate Palomino's, Traynors and I forgot the name but Carvin has a nice tube combo that you could find for around 400, I think that it might called the Bel Air.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
Quote by CarbonDeath
A few weeks ago I was looking for a good bluesy amp for shi*s and giggles and I found a great one. It took a while, but I found it at a not so local music store. It is called the Fender Harvard. It is not a tube amp. BUT, dont stop reading! This amp is incredible! It withstanded alot of volume on the clean very well, and when it when to distortion, it sounded amazing. I played an epiphone 310 sg through it,(nearest guitar), and I was not dissapointed in the long bit.

Finding this amp could be impossible, but it is worth a shot. The clean sounded better than my old tube amp(Traynor YCV80), and the distortion blended very well. This would be a fantastic blues amp for under $400 dollars.

That old solid state is indeed an awesome freaking amp. Kudos to this!
Blessed be he who sat on the bee, For he shall rise again!
This is a gift from my parents BTW. I'm not looking for an amp to end all amps. I'm not in a band or anything. I just want something good. Are cheaper tube amps realy that bad?? I just realy prefer the tube sound compared to ss.
Quote by GuitarNinja12
Are cheaper tube amps realy that bad??

there are tube amps that sound bad, and ss amps that sound good.
Peavey 5150, LTD EX400BD, tubescreamer, and a whole lotta fingers
Ok, thanks for all the info guys. I guesse the best thing to do is just go in and play them all thoroughly and make a desicion from there.