Ok, so I want to change pickups in my Agile 2900 Chambered body. I play mainly hard rock and metal, and I came across the Dimebucker and the SH-6 set on musiciansfriend. Any opinions or experiences with either of these pickups?

edit: I also use drop D tuning exclusively in one of my bands, so would either of these be too muddy for that?
Quote by Zeppelin71
Umm. . .uh. . .your mom touched sjones' dick. YOUR MOM TOUCHED OUR GUITARISTS GENITALS IN A CAMPER AT A BIKER FESTIVAL! truth.
Last edited by sjones at Mar 14, 2007,
Dimebucker sucks. It's just another way to cash in on dimebags death. I tried the SD Distortion on a friends epi explorer and it sounds alot better than the Dimebucker. Keep looking though. Bill Lawrence are good if you need a heavy tone.
My Gear:

Guitars:
Fender American HSS Stratocaster

Amps & Effects:
Hand-Wired JCM 800 2204
Hand-Wired V30 2x12 Cab
Keeley TS-9 Tube Screamer
ISP Decimator
EHX Holiest Grail
Modded Dunlop Crybaby
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
^^^ Damn, I just looked at the Bill Lawrence XL 500, I was surprised to see it was only around 60 bucks.
Quote by Zeppelin71
Umm. . .uh. . .your mom touched sjones' dick. YOUR MOM TOUCHED OUR GUITARISTS GENITALS IN A CAMPER AT A BIKER FESTIVAL! truth.
Dimebuckers don't suck. It's the amp that can't handle the Dimebuckers output and extremely adverse tonality that sucks. But. Go with the SH-6 Distortions, Or hit it off with the Pearly Gates. Dimebuckers won't sound as good without an amp to process the tone down to every minute change, Pearly gates sound good everywhere and so do the SH-6's.
Blessed be he who sat on the bee, For he shall rise again!
I read one review where a guy said he thought the SH-6 in the bridge got a lil muddy for Drop tunings, any comments on that?
It looks like I'll go with the SH-6 set, just because I want to change both pickups. I don't do many cleans, the cleanest I ever get is a bluesy tone, and I like a lil grit to that sound, especially on the neck pickup.
Thanks for the help so far, keep it coming.
Quote by Zeppelin71
Quote by sjones
I read one review where a guy said he thought the SH-6 in the bridge got a lil muddy for Drop tunings, any comments on that?
It looks like I'll go with the SH-6 set, just because I want to change both pickups. I don't do many cleans, the cleanest I ever get is a bluesy tone, and I like a lil grit to that sound, especially on the neck pickup.
Thanks for the help so far, keep it coming.

Again, People think it's the pickups. When you change your tuning, You change the virbations created by the string in which the pickup detects. When you have your amp SET for that tuning, That amp is going to sound good when you leave it that way. When you drop a tuning, The pickups don't change - Your amp just dosen't soung as great with it. People speaking of " Muddy " tones often do so because their amp is set up as great as it can be. Don't get me wrong, Cheap pick ups won't sound as good as great ones. ANOTHER reason why people think pickups are muddy is because they are too hot, And are overloading a Mid-boosted circut ( Very common in Marshall amps. ) If you get muddy, Tinker with that volume or with your amp. New pickups = New settings. New tunings = New settings.
Blessed be he who sat on the bee, For he shall rise again!